Raid Loot Policies and why this shit needs to change, now.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Raid Loot Policies and why this shit needs to change, no

by Memegank » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:26 am

Vorfidus wrote:It's Onyxia loot... Who the fuck cares?

(Nice post)

People who still need drops from Onyxia, maybe?
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:41 am

Memegank wrote:
Vorfidus wrote:It's Onyxia loot... Who the fuck cares?

(Nice post)

People who still need drops from Onyxia, maybe?

you realize it happens to bosses in MC (Rag for instance) as well as server implosion causing mass server dumps = 0 loot reimbursement on bosses in BWL. currently NO loot is legitimately qualified as epic raid loot according to the policy and to the GMs. aka: no reimbursement.

will be sure to visit this post again when AQ is out and your precious loot gets deleted/not drop. 8-)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Tinkertown » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:11 am

Ah. Don't mind Vorfi. He has pretty much turned into a full time troll, throwing out bait in any thread he can find.
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Vorfidus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:56 am

No, I just legitimately don't care about losing loot off of one boss. Vaeleztrasz despawned on our first, losing us loot. We also lost loot off two of the three drakes. This was only the first two weeks of BWL though. Such a bug seems to be rare, therefore finding the cause would be a pain in the ass. I mean, it's not like you won't down that boss anywhere between 1-3 times a week, depending on the raid.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=23364

Instability... killed Chromaggus.. only gold dropped...
tell me again how loot doesn't matter? :D

#RIP 4 items
#don't worry, bugged nef loot makes up for the losses from Nostalrius's mistakes.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Vorfidus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:34 pm

To be honest, if I were the server I would punish them too. Holy hell man, 5 hours to clear BWL? Lolz material.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:41 am

Server just crashed when we killed Nef. There goes double Bloodfang Chest and Prestor's.

Seriously, fuck this bullshit.

[Edit] Wait a second, he resapwned... Wtf? I wonder if we'll get loot again.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Cishop » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:05 am

Another example: Panther boss in ZG (High Priestess Arlokk): if you kill her with dots while she goes invisible, you will get no loot.

Seriously, this terrible policy needs to change.
Cishop
Private
Private

by Robotron » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:33 am

So an update on the Nef situation. We killed him, saw the loot, but the server crashed. It rolled back, and Nef was alive again (if we assigned any of the loot, it was also lost). We tried to kill him again, but someone was outside of Nef's room during phase 1, Nef teleported to him, and the encounter just froze. The skeletons from the adds remained, the gate was closed, and Nef was gone. We abandoned the raid for the evening to see what happens Sunday.

If Nef is up again, we should get the same loot due to how seeding works.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Cishop » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:29 am

Looks like we have somewhat of an answer...that was dodged:
3) Why is the raid loot refund policy so horrible and stringent? Shouldn't it be enough that if a raid group can verify the items dropped--such as providing a stream VOD--you simply refund the item? Lots of good loot is lost because the server crashes while it's still being assigned.

We understand that loot is one of the core reasons why people play the game - it’s an RPG where developing your character is the main gameplay. However, a wide-open loot refunding policy comes with a huge workload and we don’t currently have the staff required to properly go through loot reports to make sure people aren’t abusing the system. Allowing GMs to add items is dangerous and could lead to abuse so the ability to do so is limited to the admins only, who can rely on the logs. We initially wanted to implement a kind of “corpse saving mechanism”, to restore them after a server crash, but it would not have been efficient enough - we have non negligible performance constraints. Instead, we chose to focus on fixing the crash itself, which we made successfully, since we got only 2 crashes on both realms last week. Another cause of the remaining crashes will be addressed in the next PvP update.

I like how they address the issue with the concern of giving GM's the ability to handle loot issues, and then direct the question stating that crashes are the issue.

I would be happy with the response, but sadly I have been subject now to multiple instances of loot not dropping without such occurrences of server instability within the past month, and have submitted tickets on these occurrences. What about those? Are we doomed to just hear you say "Sorry, tough luck!" Each time it happens?

Why can't your GM team be used to validate the cases, while having the Administrators handle the actual loot assignment / final say?

Why do you keep stating that you're understaffed for such developments; but when people ask to volunteer to help you perform this work - such as myself when I put in a message as per another GM statement to volunteer - I have yet to hear a response? Do you like being swamped with work and turn around while stating 'we can't do something' when people are trying to actively help you? What do you need to help with to enable you to perform this work?

Please, all I ask is to help us help you.
Cishop
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions