PvE server

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: PvE server

by Lecat » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:18 am

Where have you seen PvE server is not the "dev's philosophy"?
They just said they have no plan to release a PvE server for now.

Maybe the reasons are purely technical or organizational. Maybe they just prefer not to open a PvE server because they lack trusted GM's and staff member to manage it. Maybe that having two separate servers running at the same time is not something with their current structure and they don't want to adapt right now.

We don't know.
Lecat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by 2pumpchumpp » Tue May 12, 2015 5:03 am

What Stone said.

As far as the story is concerned, Alliance and Horde are not just "not friends", they're ENEMIES and a PvP server reflects that. There's a reason you can't understand the other faction's language, and there's a reason that if you pass an enemy player, you don't just "pass" them, you kill them because they are the enemy and the only time you don't is if you don't have time to kill them (or if you're actually the prey and have to hide).

You know what I hate the most about the new WoW expansions? There's no fear of the opposite faction. Might as well unite the Horde and Alliance because everyone's buddies now. I actually LIKE the thrill of seeing a skull level enemy player and having my heart race thinking "I hope he didn't notice me", turning around and running in the other direction - that's why I like Vanilla.
2pumpchumpp
Grunt
Grunt

by PanTheSatyr » Tue May 12, 2015 7:28 pm

I played PvE in retail back when Vanilla came out and I'd love to play PvE Vanilla again without being forced to PvP.
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Trinqucy » Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 pm

2pumpchumpp wrote:What Stone said.

As far as the story is concerned, Alliance and Horde are not just "not friends", they're ENEMIES and a PvP server reflects that. There's a reason you can't understand the other faction's language, and there's a reason that if you pass an enemy player, you don't just "pass" them, you kill them because they are the enemy and the only time you don't is if you don't have time to kill them (or if you're actually the prey and have to hide).

You know what I hate the most about the new WoW expansions? There's no fear of the opposite faction. Might as well unite the Horde and Alliance because everyone's buddies now. I actually LIKE the thrill of seeing a skull level enemy player and having my heart race thinking "I hope he didn't notice me", turning around and running in the other direction - that's why I like Vanilla.

Sure, it fits with the story. But it's a GAME. Story or not, if you are a 60 killing a bunch of level 20s, you are a douchebag. You can dress it up however you'd like, but it still is stupid if it's just for griefing, not for any sort of competition or whatever.

I don't personally care if they put out a PvE server or not, but I can certainly see why people would like the option to avoid a bunch of tools taking out IRL issues in-game.

Though it was honestly Blizzard that messed this up the first time around. The easy answer, imo, would have been to make killing players that don't give honor give a dishonorable kill. Keep the PvP to enemies that can actually fight back.
Trinqucy
Tester

by 2pumpchumpp » Wed May 13, 2015 12:46 am

Trinqucy wrote:
2pumpchumpp wrote:What Stone said.

Sure, it fits with the story. But it's a GAME. Story or not, if you are a 60 killing a bunch of level 20s, you are a douchebag. You can dress it up however you'd like, but it still is stupid if it's just for griefing, not for any sort of competition or whatever.

I don't personally care if they put out a PvE server or not, but I can certainly see why people would like the option to avoid a bunch of tools taking out IRL issues in-game.

Though it was honestly Blizzard that messed this up the first time around. The easy answer, imo, would have been to make killing players that don't give honor give a dishonorable kill. Keep the PvP to enemies that can actually fight back.

I used to not be one of the douchebags that would kill lowbies. I used to play Alliance in retail vanilla wow, and I used to always simply pass low level Horde players and in some cases would even HELP them (i.e., they're overwhelmed by mobs and I kill all the mobs and help them out), but one thing I noticed was that no high level Horde player ever passed me by without trying to kill me. Sure, that upset me and consequently made me hate Horde to the point that I started killing all of them - even messing with high level horde if I could (I was a rogue, so I would sap them, watch them run nervously around looking for me, then sap them again, etc. without starting a fight because they were 6 levels above me). But then I started looking at it as a competitive game of 2 factions, and they are the enemy, so eventually I stopped feeling bad for killing low level players and wasn't nearly as upset when high level players killed me, and you know what? PvP moments were my MOST memorable ones.

For instance, I was on a paladin in Duskwood helping a friend quest (I was about level 30) and there was a high level Horde rogue (like level 40 or something) running around killing other alliance players in Duskwood (by Abercrombie). Me and my friend saw him and went "oh shit, hide" so we started running in the opposite direction, alas he had seen us and started following us. We went down into the crypts where there was a wave of undead mobs, so if we continued we'd get killed by mobs, if not then we'd get killed by the rogue. So while standing at the bottom of the stairs of the crypt panicking, on a whim and to everyone's surprise, I used "divine intervention" to bubble my friend, killing myself in the process JUST as the rogue made it down to us. Me and my friend are laughing our asses off IRL because I'm already dead, so the rogue can't kill me, and my friend has a bubble around him that lasts like 5 minutes or some ridiculously long amount like that as long as he stands there and doesn't move he's invulnerable. The rogue came down all confused, looking at my dead body, then looking at my friend in the bubble, then back at my body, then turning around, standing there confused a while longer before deciding to leave, and I can only imagine what was going through his head. I didn't consider this a "win" for me and my friends by any means, but we couldn't stop laughing at how dumb my idea of using divine intervention was and how much that confused the rogue XD

You can't get that in PvE servers.
2pumpchumpp
Grunt
Grunt

by Ticktock » Wed May 13, 2015 1:41 am

2pumpchumpp wrote:For instance, I was on a paladin in Duskwood helping a friend quest (I was about level 30) and there was a high level Horde rogue (like level 40 or something) running around killing other alliance players in Duskwood (by Abercrombie). Me and my friend saw him and went "oh shit, hide" so we started running in the opposite direction, alas he had seen us and started following us. We went down into the crypts where there was a wave of undead mobs, so if we continued we'd get killed by mobs, if not then we'd get killed by the rogue. So while standing at the bottom of the stairs of the crypt panicking, on a whim and to everyone's surprise, I used "divine intervention" to bubble my friend, killing myself in the process JUST as the rogue made it down to us. Me and my friend are laughing our asses off IRL because I'm already dead, so the rogue can't kill me, and my friend has a bubble around him that lasts like 5 minutes or some ridiculously long amount like that as long as he stands there and doesn't move he's invulnerable. The rogue came down all confused, looking at my dead body, then looking at my friend in the bubble, then back at my body, then turning around, standing there confused a while longer before deciding to leave, and I can only imagine what was going through his head. I didn't consider this a "win" for me and my friends by any means, but we couldn't stop laughing at how dumb my idea of using divine intervention was and how much that confused the rogue XD

It's always possible to flag for PvP on a PvE server - you, your friend and the rogue were all obviously interested in engaging in world PvP, and could have carried out the entire scenario you describe above by playing flagged.
Ticktock
Private
Private

by Durandal » Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 am

Ticktock wrote:
2pumpchumpp wrote:For instance, I was on a paladin in Duskwood helping a friend quest (I was about level 30) and there was a high level Horde rogue (like level 40 or something) running around killing other alliance players in Duskwood (by Abercrombie). Me and my friend saw him and went "oh shit, hide" so we started running in the opposite direction, alas he had seen us and started following us. We went down into the crypts where there was a wave of undead mobs, so if we continued we'd get killed by mobs, if not then we'd get killed by the rogue. So while standing at the bottom of the stairs of the crypt panicking, on a whim and to everyone's surprise, I used "divine intervention" to bubble my friend, killing myself in the process JUST as the rogue made it down to us. Me and my friend are laughing our asses off IRL because I'm already dead, so the rogue can't kill me, and my friend has a bubble around him that lasts like 5 minutes or some ridiculously long amount like that as long as he stands there and doesn't move he's invulnerable. The rogue came down all confused, looking at my dead body, then looking at my friend in the bubble, then back at my body, then turning around, standing there confused a while longer before deciding to leave, and I can only imagine what was going through his head. I didn't consider this a "win" for me and my friends by any means, but we couldn't stop laughing at how dumb my idea of using divine intervention was and how much that confused the rogue XD

It's always possible to flag for PvP on a PvE server - you, your friend and the rogue were all obviously interested in engaging in world PvP, and could have carried out the entire scenario you describe above by playing flagged.
or you could just go play retail PvE and stop crying

people here can make all the suggestions they want it ain't gonna happen you are less than 5% of the playerbase making demands for the other 95%

deal with world PvP or find another game to play it ain't bloody hard
Durandal
Sergeant
Sergeant

by PanTheSatyr » Wed May 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Durandal wrote:]or you could just go play retail PvE and stop crying

people here can make all the suggestions they want it ain't gonna happen you are less than 5% of the playerbase making demands for the other 95%

Ah, the cry of the ganker who's afraid of losing the ability to harass other players. How quaint.

Less than 5% of the playerbase wants PvE, huh? Well, 97.3% of statistics you see on forums are made up.
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by g0dl1k3 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:17 pm

PanTheSatyr wrote:

Ah, the cry of the ganker who's afraid of losing the ability to harass other players. How quaint.

Less than 5% of the playerbase wants PvE, huh? Well, 97.3% of statistics you see on forums are made up.

god your dumb
nobody is afraid of what you said, were all just laughing at you people crying for a pve server.
your a vocal minority, its not going to happen, this thread is a joke.
undead lock- lvl 60
human mage- currently leveling
g0dl1k3
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Durandal » Wed May 13, 2015 2:01 pm

g0dl1k3 wrote:
PanTheSatyr wrote:

god your dumb
nobody is afraid of what you said, were all just laughing at you people crying for a pve server.
your a vocal minority, its not going to happen, this thread is a joke.

exactomundo
Durandal
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions