PvE server

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: PvE server

by Ivina » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:33 pm

So, we don't want PvE server because it would "split" population.
If I am not stupid, the fear behind this is to lower the population.

Then, why would it be acceptable to tell people who want PvE server or playable pexing areas to leave, which means lower the population.

There is an obvious inconsistency.
Ivina
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Szabinger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:38 pm

My guess is that telling people to fuck off makes them feel better, than accepting that not everyone has the same preference.
Szabinger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by popezaphod » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:15 pm

The devs made a PvP server because, most importantly, THEY wanted a PvP server. I doubt us poor PvE'ers will ever see a Vanilla PvE realm, so we'll have to make do with avoiding corpse camping jerks as much as possible.

I don't think we should split the population.
"Well, Zaphod's just this Pope, you know?
Ember - Druid - <At Your Service>

* WoW: Open Beta through intro of BC, then back for WotLK and left before Cata*
popezaphod
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fogtripper » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:15 pm

bromageddon wrote:And the truth comes out... you just want fewer people on the server. Nice.

Perfectly happy if less whiners like yourself stay.
Fogtripper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fogtripper » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:28 pm

popezaphod wrote:The devs made a PvP server because, most importantly, THEY wanted a PvP server. I doubt us poor PvE'ers will ever see a Vanilla PvE realm, so we'll have to make do with avoiding corpse camping jerks as much as possible.

I don't think we should split the population.

Let me ask this. Do you feel it would be worth the expense and extra manpower to run a second server just for you to not have to worry about being camped because you don't want to put in the effort to be somewhere other than the place you a being killed repeatedly? Is it worth that because you willingly stay to be corpse camped, unwilling to make friends and team up, etc?

If the being killing you repeatedly was a mob, would you stay and repeatedly die?

This is a free realm to us, not so much to those who are providing it.
Fogtripper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Magian » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:40 pm

True vanilla experience offered Normal, PVP, RP, and PVPRP servers. PVP is not normal. Normals is PVE. Get a clue newbs.
Magian
Grunt
Grunt

by Shilofax » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Really don't understand why people are so against a PvE option.

If the server was a PvE server, I'm sure that players who wanted world PvP would complain.

Both audiences should be able to play in an environment that they wish to play in, and even if the population split, that would still leave 1,000+ on each server at off-peak times. That's still crazy high population for a server.

There must be some sort of solution to make both groups of players happy.
Shilofax
Tester

by Shiggs13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 am

Shilofax wrote:Really don't understand why people are so against a PvE option.

If the server was a PvE server, I'm sure that players who wanted world PvP would complain.

Both audiences should be able to play in an environment that they wish to play in, and even if the population split, that would still leave 1,000+ on each server at off-peak times. That's still crazy high population for a server.

There must be some sort of solution to make both groups of players happy.

That's not the dev's core philosophy though. They developed only one PvP server, and intend to keep it that way.
Shiggs13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Magian » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:08 am

Shiggs13 wrote:That's not the dev's core philosophy though. They developed only one PvP server, and intend to keep it that way.

That is simply begging the question. This is under suggestion forum for a reason.
Magian
Grunt
Grunt

by Poony » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:15 am

+1 for PvE server. 2,5k people for a server is way enough, and that would provide a great wow home for people that hate this no skill pvp gangfest.
Poony
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions