PvE server

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: PvE server

by bromageddon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:53 am

Razeq wrote:Bad idea. Would split the community. We do not want that.

if anything Nostalrius will lose players due to a lack of a pve option.
bromageddon
Private
Private

by Witcher » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:12 am

There are no plans to open a separate server. We are sticking with our original plan and we hope most people will enjoy our PvP server.

We understand that not everyone wants a PvP server. That's fine. We're not catering to everyone. We're catering to those that want one of the best vanilla experiences offered on private servers, with a gigantic population along with not only the pros that brings [quick groups, big guilds, plenty of raiding, large market, etc] but also the cons [constant world pvp, heavily farmed zones, etc]. We know that not everything is working perfectly. It happens. But we're always working to make the server better than it was the day before.

As Viper already mentioned
As a reminder, don't forget that behind a private server project, there are humans. These people try their best to make their project go fine and to reach the goals they fixed themselves in the beginning of their work.

We are all working as hard as we can to make this server as enjoyable for as many people as possible, but there will always be people who are not satisfied with the way things are or think we should be doing something different with our project. We're always open to suggestions, but the core project will remain the same.
Currently Away until Late June :(
Witcher
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Stone » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:21 am

Making World PvP is part of the vanilla experience and it actually has some RP context to it so cry me a river little whiny, wannabe raider. ;)
Stone
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by OGTUCKER117 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Witcher wrote:There are no plans to open a separate server. We are sticking with our original plan and we hope most people will enjoy our PvP server.

We understand that not everyone wants a PvP server. That's fine. We're not catering to everyone. We're catering to those that want one of the best vanilla experiences offered on private servers, with a gigantic population along with not only the pros that brings [quick groups, big guilds, plenty of raiding, large market, etc] but also the cons [constant world pvp, heavily farmed zones, etc]. We know that not everything is working perfectly. It happens. But we're always working to make the server better than it was the day before.

As a reminder, don't forget that behind a private server project, there are humans. These people try their best to make their project go fine and to reach the goals they fixed themselves in the beginning of their work.

We are all working as hard as we can to make this server as enjoyable for as many people as possible, but there will always be people who are not satisfied with the way things are or think we should be doing something different with our project. We're always open to suggestions, but the core project will remain the same.

Awesome :D :D :D
OGTUCKER117
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by bromageddon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:22 am

Witcher wrote:There are no plans to open a separate server. We are sticking with our original plan and we hope most people will enjoy our PvP server.

Fair enough. You just lost a player. Love the server, don't love the PvP. I played on a PvP realm for ten years, and I gotta say - it was cool when I was a teenager. Now that I'm older I just don't want to bother anyone, do my quests, and be left alone by the opposite faction.

Best of luck to you and the rest of the staff. I'll return should a PvE option open, and to the other players: one less person to compete with for quests.
bromageddon
Private
Private

by Terid » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm in the same boat. PVP was ok when I was younger and had infinite time to play. Now that I'm an adult and have limited play time, it's really stupid to get camped for 45 mins by someone 20 levels higher and get nothing accomplished.
Terid
Tester

by Fogtripper » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:15 am

No offense, but if you stay in the same spot and allow yourself to be griefed like that, it's on you guys. There is a huge game world to go quest or grind. STV is not the only mid-level area.

I too am getting up there in age, work full time, etc. If you are so inconvenienced time-wise by PvP and make no effort to go elsewhere in game, then you will not be missed. And perhaps a MMORPG is not for you at this stage in your life. You have added nothing, contributed nothing. Sorry to be blunt, but you are not special snowflakes.
Fogtripper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Terid » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:46 am

I typed up a response to Fogtripper's rude message, but then I remembered what happens even if I win an internet argument.
Terid
Tester

by Nescio » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:52 am

I've been playing on a pve server since march 2005.

Never knew beeing a newbie killing someone who is fighting a mob is the true vanilla experience though.
Nescio
Tester

by Gonstackk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:47 pm

I will repost what i said in another thread about adding a pve server. I still feel it is the best option without any major drawbacks, particularly splitting the population.

---------
While I would not like to see a second dedicated PVE server, I do have an idea that may please most people of both sides. Add an NPC to the major cities that for a small fee (you lvl in silver) that will grant you a buff, that persists through death and not dispellable, that turns your pvp status off for 12 hours. Noting that hostile actions towards the opposing faction and entering enemy cities will remove the buff. Doing something like this will also allow the devs and player base to see just how many people are on each side of the coin.

---------

Again i would like to see it at least tested to see how the playerbase as a whole would react.
Gonstackk
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions