PvE server

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: PvE server

by bromageddon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:48 am

Stark wrote:This is a dumb and selfish suggestion. Another server would split the population up live.

Dumb and selfish? You say that the community would be split by having a PvE realm. That's assuming those of us that would join a PvE realm would stay. I haven't logged on since I hit 31 and got my taste of world PvP. Some people that would rather have a PvE realm may stay, but there's many others just like me that would leave.

I could do the same thing and say you're selfish since you want a PvP realm when there's plenty of players that don't even like PvP.

Stark wrote: ...and diminish the whole classic wow experience entirely.

Because there weren't PvP and PvE realms on live ten years ago...
bromageddon
Private
Private

by riq and snog » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:10 am

bromageddon wrote:Just because you're some kid with enough time on your hands to deal with the annoying camping manchildren on a PvP realm, that doesn't mean that everyone else is. I reject that people "shouldn't be playing MMOs" because they don't want to waste their time. Quality vanilla realms with dedicated staff like here on Nostalrius are hard to come by - that's the reason this thread exists. We want the experience the realm provides without the PvP. No matter how much you try to ignore it and pretend you're some hardcore badass because you prefer PvP realms, there is still a fairly large player base that would prefer a PvE realm to a PvP realm. For what it's worth, I actually do go off the beaten path and grind for hours to avoid PvP - I'm just saying I shouldn't have to do that.

I disagree with the notion that PvP is the essence of vanilla wow - while I don't deny that I played on a PvP realm in vanilla, what about the players that didn't? You're saying vanilla WoW didn't have PvE realms?

The Warcraft name is fine, I'm just saying that if you want to experience that "war" then maybe you should head to your nearest recruitment office instead of camping people because you have nothing better to do. I doubt you'd make it out of basic.

Thanks for defining my age and lifestyle.
U people behave like we have 50% Griefers.
Believe me once the majority is 60 the bads n griefers will be hunted down on a regular basis. Sorry that u cant stand pvp and i know its frustrating at lvling but splitting server is not the sollution. Lvl to 60 and this will be different.
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by riq and snog » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:19 am

bromageddon wrote:
riq and snog wrote:Once u are 60 it will all chill out... most pvpers will be busy in battlegrounds.
Farming will be a bit lol due to massive pop but im sure the farm chars will get to know each other and unless farming same nodes usually just avoid each other.
Personally for me as a pvp junkee i will farm in bgs and inbetween them try to help u vs them 12 year old shitters as besst as i can. And im sure others will do the same. In half a year o so when thers a lowbie putting a gank report and some 20 peeps currently not busy jump on the gryphon the griefing will ease out.
Atm its just crazy because litterally 90% of the pop is lvling...

Yeah, and then 90% of the pop will be farming. Guess what happens when 90% of horde and 90% of alliance are out farming? PvP will happen.

Why would people who like pve and farm shit start farming eachother?
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by riq and snog » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:33 am

Hers whats going to happen or is happening atm.
90% of u still lvl. Now lets be fair and say 50% of us is into pvp and 50% more into pve.
Atm everyone is going apeshit
Pvpers want rank up while lvling
Pve ers dont
Ok the lvling to 60 is actually the worst u have ever experienced.
I understand that coming from retail into this is akward
Or remembering yourself 10 years ago and seeing this... even more akward

But believe me... once u made it to 60 it will ease out.
For simple reasons
1 People get to know each other
2 Pvpers will pvp in bgs 24/7
3 pvers will farm together
4 Griefers will be kos especially the grey killers

I wont say pvp wont happen to you at 60 but it will be less in comparison to what you experience now.

If w
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by riq and snog » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 am

If we had bg xp it would be way less already
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fogtripper » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:55 am

bromageddon wrote:Some people that would rather have a PvE realm may stay, but there's many others just like me that would leave.

Whether you leave to go to a pve server or you leave for a different project entirely, you would no longer be on the pvp realm. Why exactly should players content with the pvp realm sympathize with you, or the developers of nost cater to you? Twice the work and resources just to retain you and others, for what gain?

Just because we are ok with the server as is does not mean we are corpse camping 12 year olds with time to waste. I get an hour or two max a day if that, am in my late 40s, married with full time work and other responsibilities. I do not grief and am leveling up just like everyone else.

You are whining like a petulant child about a non issue while you have access to other projects more suited to your temperament.
Fogtripper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Magian » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:02 pm

You know what, nevermind. I don't even know why I try.
Last edited by Magian on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magian
Grunt
Grunt

by riq and snog » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Its not like i tried to be nice...
But srsly

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPYU3HCgaOk
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by bromageddon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Fogtripper wrote:
bromageddon wrote:Some people that would rather have a PvE realm may stay, but there's many others just like me that would leave.

Whether you leave to go to a pve server or you leave for a different project entirely, you would no longer be on the pvp realm. Why exactly should players content with the pvp realm sympathize with you, or the developers of nost cater to you? Twice the work and resources just to retain you and others, for what gain?

Just because we are ok with the server as is does not mean we are corpse camping 12 year olds with time to waste. I get an hour or two max a day if that, am in my late 40s, married with full time work and other responsibilities. I do not grief and am leveling up just like everyone else.

You are whining like a petulant child about a non issue while you have access to other projects more suited to your temperament.

But wait, weren't you just whining about losing players if a PvE realm opened up, now you're telling us to leave? Maybe first you should decide what you actually want. The truth of the matter is you will lose players if you don't open a PvE realm. Maybe you don't give a shit because you'll be content pretending your dick is bigger than it actually is when you gank someone, but maybe the devs will give a shit once they realize they can maximize the amount of players on Nostalrius.

This is in the SUGGESTIONS subforum, a place for open discussion about SUGGESTIONS for the community. It's not really a non-issue when there is truly no other vanilla realm with the quality and polish Nostalrius provides. Unfortunately there is no PvE realm, which is why this is posted in the SUGGESTIONS forum in order to discuss the possibility of a PvE realm.
bromageddon
Private
Private

by Shiggs13 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Witcher wrote:There are no plans to open a separate server. We are sticking with our original plan and we hope most people will enjoy our PvP server.

We understand that not everyone wants a PvP server. That's fine. We're not catering to everyone. We're catering to those that want one of the best vanilla experiences offered on private servers, with a gigantic population along with not only the pros that brings [quick groups, big guilds, plenty of raiding, large market, etc] but also the cons [constant world pvp, heavily farmed zones, etc]. We know that not everything is working perfectly. It happens. But we're always working to make the server better than it was the day before.

As Viper already mentioned
As a reminder, don't forget that behind a private server project, there are humans. These people try their best to make their project go fine and to reach the goals they fixed themselves in the beginning of their work.

We are all working as hard as we can to make this server as enjoyable for as many people as possible, but there will always be people who are not satisfied with the way things are or think we should be doing something different with our project. We're always open to suggestions, but the core project will remain the same.

Can't you guys read?
Shiggs13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions