Suggestion: Ban appeals on behalf of others

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Suggestion: Ban appeals on behalf of others

by Mimma » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:43 pm

I have noticed many ban appeals and ban reports are done by third-party. This was not legal in Retail: 3rd party was not allowed to obtain information for other accounts.

There are multiple problems attached to this:
- Questions to original account holder have to go through 3rd party, making the communication unprecise.
- By not talking directly with the banned character but rather a guild member or someone else important information can be left out.
- If the excuse for 3rd party to intervene is that the banned account cannot understand English, then how did he read the terms of use in the first?

I think disallowing 3rd party to request ban appeals would greatly help GM's to investigate cases with having direct contact to the account holder. Not understanding English should not be an excuse for breaking rules.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: Suggestion: Ban appeals on behalf of others

by pomfittes » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Well, what stops them from just letting his friend make the nostalrius forum account with the same nick as the guy that got banned, and just appeal it pretending to be him

Forexample:

*lots of chinese talk* i got banned, can you make a forum account with my name and make an appeal? my inglish is verri bad

Yeah sure bro, and the appeal is up, still made by a 3rd party - just that it cant be proved

And the ToU is easly read with google translate, anyway im not saying that i dont like your idea, theres just no possible way to avoid it. :D
pomfittes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mimma » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Nothing stops them from doing that, and that is not the main point. If people can lie, they will.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:18 pm

my in game account and my forum account are different and i agree totally with topic creator about this .

we should first use the same account name from in game and forum , this way banned in game can use the forum contact . Otherwise someone might hack or attempt to steal from others "using his name" .

Sadly Nostalrius is English Server so in TOU have to agree that everyone who contact , should be in english .

Otherwise will require lot more admins from different regions .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Thatoneguy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 am

I agree. You either appeal your own account or the account does not get appealed.

By appealing the account of another player there will also be an exchange of account sensative information. This is something that should not be done and avoided if possible.

Not being able to write or read English seems to be the most common excuse, which is very strange because this is an English server. Playing an MMO and not being able to communicate in the same language that every other player has to communicate in is rediculous, is it not?
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Datruth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:37 pm

I think the GMs prefer the chinese with the least broken english make the appeals. It's hard enough to decipher already. :D
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mimma » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:10 pm

Datruth wrote:I think the GMs prefer the chinese with the least broken english make the appeals. It's hard enough to decipher already. :D

The GM's can decline those who cannot speak English since they was not able to read the terms in the first place.
Yes, a friend can send in a ban appeal for him (as they often do today), but it only works so many times; the same friend can't keep requesting unbanning multiple accounts.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Mimma » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:15 pm

In the light of all the ban appeals still done on behalf of others this suggestion is still in game - any comments?
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Datruth » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Mimma wrote:
Datruth wrote:I think the GMs prefer the chinese with the least broken english make the appeals. It's hard enough to decipher already. :D

The GM's can decline those who cannot speak English since they was not able to read the terms in the first place.
Yes, a friend can send in a ban appeal for him (as they often do today), but it only works so many times; the same friend can't keep requesting unbanning multiple accounts.

I agree. I certainly remember a certain phrase in the ToU about English being the only acceptable language on the server, which is probably the same phrase you had in mind, but after a quick skim through it again all I can find now is only foreign languages on the forums is mentioned, not ingame? :o
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Good suggestion.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Next

Return to Suggestions