Reassessment of the ISVV Team

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Reassessment of the ISVV Team

by Holystrike » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:43 am

Please bear in mind this is in no way an attack and that I greatly value the server and all it has given to our community, BUT...

Could the ISVV Team be reassessed please I think multiple members of the team are either doing nothing; and are using the title merely for status, or are only fixing bugs only relevant to themselves I have over 6 month old bug reports (half a year) with multiple sources litterally proving their presence or lack there of in retail, doing literally all the work for them and they do absolutely nothing...

In 6 months I am pretty sure if an employee had this rate of efficiency in any role within a business they would be immediately fired, scratch that they would be fired after 1 month... Being a member of the ISVV team should not be a position where if you resolved some reports in the past you are granted that status permanently it should be a short list constantly being reassessed.

Now I realize that these members offer their time for free and we are all extremely grateful for that and I am in no way saying all members of the team are doing nothing... But quite a few it would seem are doing litterally that, nothing.

And it is to this end that I make this post, it hurts not only the players but the server, being that this is the best vanilla world of warcraft server in the world; it seems crazy that we have one of the worst bug report resolution teams I have ever seen in my life (I have player on countless private servers), I find it hard to believe out of a 10k player community we cannot find people with knowledge and motivation...

I myself would be more then willing to help.

P.S I have not listed my bug reports here as this is not an attempt to advertise them (again...) but rather a plea to address this issue to the benefit of the entire server.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Reassessment of the ISVV Team

by Diametra » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:16 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18749

This thread isn't closed, so I would suppose they are still looking for help. That might be a good way of going about approaching and resolving your opinions of the team and the work that they do.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Holystrike » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:01 am

Diametra wrote:http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18749

This thread isn't closed, so I would suppose they are still looking for help. That might be a good way of going about approaching and resolving your opinions of the team and the work that they do.

Mmm I will definitely look at that,

However these opinions are not my own, but those shared by the vast majority of the server I mean just quickly scanning the first page of the Suggestions thread I found:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33188
Complaint about the ISVV Team doing nothing on a month old bug report...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3392
12 Page thread about all the class bugs reported months ago and nothing being done...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33161
Complaint about a 3 month old bug report which the ISVV Team has done nothing about...

And this is litterally the first page of the suggestions sub-forum... me not even trying, something needs to change and it is pretty clear who is responsible... The ISVV Team is beyond ineffectual atm

I mean in one of my bug reports [Unnamed Member ISVV Team Member] literally provided Burning Crusade sourced information cited that as his refference and then changed the status to invalid when we have irrefutable information discrediting him... and after 4 months he hasnt even bothered to respond...

This demonstrates, firstly a lack of knowledge of vanilla, secondly not even bothering to check his own sources and finally zero effort being offered to rectify his mistake...

Given that is the state of current bug report resolution process can anyone actually refute that it needs to be looked at?
Last edited by Holystrike on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cousy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:38 am

Holystrike wrote:I mean in one of my bug reports [Unnamed Member] literally provided Burning Crusade sourced information cited that as his refference and then changed the status to invalid when we have irrefutable information discrediting him... and after 4 months he hasnt even bothered to respond...

This demonstrates, firstly a lack of knowledge of vanilla, secondly not even bothering to check his own sources and finally zero effort being offered to rectify his mistake...

Given that is the state of current bug report resolution process can anyone actually refute that it needs to be looked at?

Your reason that the IsVV team is bad is because they wont accept Burning Crusade proofs for their vanilla server?

Anyway, from my experiences with Nano on the PTR server and from the pretty good ZG release (there were a few major bugs but they were fixed pretty quickly), I think the team has a good idea of what they're doing but they're probably understaffed.
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Holystrike » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:57 am

I think you misread my post rofl... the ISVV member used Burning Crusade sources and information,

WE only used vanilla sources.

you also didnt read my post judging from your second comment.

guessing based on your writing style, google translator?
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:27 am

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Holystrike » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:30 am

Im not referencing that post
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Casieqt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:56 am

just accept the situation about RETRI is USELESS .... it's not important for the server to fix retri issues.
After looking into your case, I can only say that you're a very naughty boy. - #Pottu 2016
Casieqt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:15 am

I think its more about being understaffed in regards to development. even if things are confirmed, it takes a developer to look at it more and try to fix it.
even if ISVV verify it is confirmed bug, they still have to wait on a developer to do anything about it.
should re-direct this towards more active development over bug confirmation.

and 8/8 t2 for priest was fixed recently. it took awhile but thankfully a developer "looked" at it.
like I said, it requires a developer to fix it.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Holystrike » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:34 am

That isnt the main issue here as my initial post stated the major problem, is that there are members of the current ISVV Team who arent actually doing anything, major bug reports no matter the team size should never be open for over half a year I mean it litterally takes 5 minutes to read through and check a bug report. furthermore some lack knowledge of vanilla and arent doing anything to increase their knowledge let alone even read their own sources, and yet still possess the ability to reject reports...

For example: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3660
(scroll to the bottom of the post to where the "===" break is formed to read one of the team member's posts.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions