XP lock

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

XP lock

by bloodtearer » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:03 pm

I've looked through all the threads in the suggestion forum, but found nothing about XP locking your character.

While I am aware that it is a feature that was not available in Vanilla, I do not believe it would be unbalancing to the game.
bloodtearer
Tester

Re: XP lock

by Robotron » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:11 pm

bloodtearer wrote:While I am aware that it is a feature that was not available in Vanilla

You've just answered why it's never going to happen.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Classil » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:47 pm

It would change the game quite a bit. If you want to make a twink you have to carefully plan it and you can't endlessly farm dungeons to get specific items (without gaining XP).

This is how it was in Vanilla and this is how it should stay (my opinion).
Classil
Tester

by Arev » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:23 pm

I would also like flying mounts and transmog. While I am aware that it is a feature that was not available in Vanilla, I do not believe it would be unbalancing to the game.
Arevor - <Dankk Budz Collective>
Arev
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:44 am

Classil wrote:It would change the game quite a bit. If you want to make a twink you have to carefully plan it and you can't endlessly farm dungeons to get specific items (without gaining XP).

This is how it was in Vanilla and this is how it should stay (my opinion).

Agreed - part of the challenge is the planning that goes into getting the best character possible without gaining too much XP.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Tinkertown » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Dont forget to enter every instance on the lowest level possible, do every quest on the lowest level possible and ALWAYS be in a raidgroup when not doing a quest objective.

Make a deal with a lvl 60 paladin to run you around the world starting on lvl 1. You should not be grouped. Just put follow on him and get rid of all the pesky discover xp and get a total of 0 xp from mobs.

You should have no problems being a lvl 19.001 twink with virtually unlimited world pvp left in you. Remember, always be in a raid even at 19. Always. And never go into Stormwind Keep unless you have too for a quest. NEVER! (Those Onyxia event mobs give a TON of experience even in a raidgroup and some idiot in your group will tag 'em)
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Datruth » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:39 pm

No. Twinks are gay, literally.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by packersville » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:22 pm

While we are at it, could we add a feature where we can turn into a Tridactyle and screech? Should be easy to do just like the xp lock.
packersville
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Suggestions