Priest Quest - The Balance of Light and Shadow

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Priest Quest - The Balance of Light and Shadow

by hoyschel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:26 am

Hello,

This quest has become impossible to complete now with the amount of people on the server. From any given time there are 6000-12,000 players online (retail vanilla wow had a max population of 2500). More and more guilds are completing Molten Core and putting Majordomo on farm status which means more and more people are obtaining their Eye of Divinity and attempting the Priest quest. This has created a significant backlog of Priests waiting their turn to even attempt the quest and if an attempt fails the NPC is on a 2 hour cooldown.

Earlier on in the server's life when MC was still being downed by few guilds this quest was do-able, but now it is impossible given the amount of people who are obtaining the eye and failing the quest.

Same could be said for the Hunter leaf quests.

Could the respawn timers for these be removed? given the vast population of the server, over 6 times the maximum population of retail wow there needs to be a compromise between the population and the availability to attempt these quests.

A removal of the respawn timer will greatly improve the situation. I feel this would be ideal if this were to happen to the Hunter leaf quest also. The longer Nostalrius exists the less likely anyone will get their Benediction/Hunter gear.

Also this would not take away from the vanilla like difficulty as the possibility for failing the quest due to shortages of ability are still present. I don't even mind people getting too close or logging in too close to the quest, these are understandable things, but there is really no reason for a respawn timer at all given the availability of good guilds downing majordomo and the huge population (which is only increasing and only going to make the situation worse and worse).
hoyschel
Private
Private

Re: Priest Quest - The Balance of Light and Shadow

by Kazuma » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:22 am

Make a second PvP server already.. the threads are piling up.. and it aint getting better.. :|
Kazumà level 29 Nightelf Rogue
Meteoritis level 29 Human Priest
Kazuma
Sergeant
Sergeant

by hoyschel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:06 am

Removing the respawn timer would be a much quicker and efficient option.
hoyschel
Private
Private

by hoyschel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:50 pm

I was there before speaking to a few other priests waiting their turn, some of them had been waiting 1-4 weeks just for an opportunity to have a go!!! my god...
hoyschel
Private
Private

by Garfunkel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:07 pm

I successfully completed mine a few months ago and I've seen guildmates complete it after that. The difference to the hunter quest is that after a successful completion, another priest can immediately go for it. There is only a despawn of 4 hours - if I remember correctly - if someone fails in the quest, which really should never happen because you should either bring a friend who can bring forth the Cleaner or have one of the priests waiting for their turn to cancel the quest.

Discuss it with the other priests waiting there, make an alt on the other faction to whisper "enemy" priests if need be and emotes aren't enough, bring enough consumables for 5-6 attempts and you're good to go.

It's not supposed to be easy or an instant gratification.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by hoyschel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:38 am

Garfunkel wrote:I successfully completed mine a few months ago and I've seen guildmates complete it after that. The difference to the hunter quest is that after a successful completion, another priest can immediately go for it. There is only a despawn of 4 hours - if I remember correctly - if someone fails in the quest, which really should never happen because you should either bring a friend who can bring forth the Cleaner or have one of the priests waiting for their turn to cancel the quest.

Discuss it with the other priests waiting there, make an alt on the other faction to whisper "enemy" priests if need be and emotes aren't enough, bring enough consumables for 5-6 attempts and you're good to go.

Yes I understand, I've gotten the benediction on 2 other priests before back in vanilla in 2006. I had my successful attempts and I know how to do this quest quite easily. That isn't the issue. 4-6 priests waiting most of the time some of which don't speak english and are impatient has ruined this quest. 2 Hour waits simply make this quest impossible. Currently waiting right now yet again for the 5th time in a row for the sudden respawning of the NPC.
hoyschel
Private
Private

by Shirley » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:50 am

personally ive completed my staff under 24hrs of getting eye, dont see rly big problem completing quest.
Yes there was like 10 guys sametime doing this with me.
Shirley
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by hoyschel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:35 am

Shirley wrote:personally ive completed my staff under 24hrs of getting eye, dont see rly big problem completing quest.
Yes there was like 10 guys sametime doing this with me.

You are 1 of 1000 people who play a priest and got lucky that no one kept failing it before you.
hoyschel
Private
Private

by nissepistol » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:15 pm

No I agree. But should the problem of completing this quest be to have to wait, most often for hours doing nothing and hope that the priests ahead of you will make it, or should the hard part be to do the actual quest?

Having to wait hours upon hours for something that might or might not happen, only to be disappointed and hoping that waiting an another couple of hours will lead to something is not in the best interest of the game.

There are so many other external things that can and will go wrong with this quest - people relogging in the quest area, using mind vision on the mobs, herbers/explorers running around resetting the q, and all the things that happen in the mixed-faction queue that having a 2 hour reset on top of this does absolutely nothing for adding value to the game or the server.
nissepistol
Tester

by pmizz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:28 am

The quest takes 5 minutes to complete,

that means 12 people an hour can do it.

It only despawns if someone fails it

if it despawns it means you arn't working as a team to reset it if you're about to fail.

all stand together way far back and let one person go at a time

it's frustrating but part of life
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions