Dragons of Nightmare and the current Population?

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Dragons of Nightmare and the current Population?

by Tinkertown » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:55 pm

hackebeil wrote:And please dont use Feenix or Emerald Dream as a good representation for vanilla wow.

When it comes to player dynamics and behavior those two (or any decent sized, fairly recent vanilla project) are in all probability better indicators for predictions than vanilla live.
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ghostly » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:14 pm

hackebeil wrote:That would be one hell of effort, resources and dedication.

Now you're getting it.

hackebeil wrote:And please dont use Feenix or Emerald Dream as a good representation for vanilla wow.

It's a perfect representation of the private server scene. You're not playing the 2005 WoW anymore.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Datruth » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Lol this guy is seriously underestimating the effort top guilds put into this.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but certain aspects of the game will never be the same again.

Sure IF the dragons spawnrate was increased, one of the few top guilds would possibly miss out on a kill every now and then, but I guarantee you the top guilds from the other faction would be quick to kill it in that case. So you wouldn't be seeing any fat loot regardless of spawnrates, unless you find a dedicated guild who can show up with 20+ man at pretty much every spawn.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by pmizz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:31 am

Gimme crystal adorned crown iam better than all of you irl
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:50 pm

Azuregos is still immune to taunts... what makes you think they will put any effort into world bosses to improve the quality of the server?
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Margatroid » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:06 am

Bunch of asspull theorycrafting and general nonsense being said in this thread. The OP is obviously correct that a smaller population size gives each individual player a higher chance of being involved with a world boss kill, even if they're just tagging along with one of the major tryhard guilds. This was often the case on Emerald Dream, and I personally was in a raid that killed Azuregos despite being a casual player and not in a major guild at the time. All I did was talk to people I knew and get involved. I also would have been involved with green dragon kills if their spawns on ED had not been broken after the first go-round.

TL;DR an absurdly huge population does indeed limit the chances of any given player to be involved in a world boss raid. Major guilds cannot always fill 40 slots to kill a world boss that just spawned, especially not late at night. At least not on a server with a population remotely resembling anything sane or anything close to what Blizzard intended for the game.
Margatroid
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:44 pm

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31901

when this get fixed and abusers get banned, only then world bosses will feel like "2005".
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Previous

Return to Suggestions