Battleground queue system

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Battleground queue system

by Niko » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:24 am

So, this summer when I started playing a bit more on Nostalrius (ranking) alot of shit started happening.
Already then I suggested that you make it blizzlike queues, premades being able to queue into pugs without any time restrictive lock and make multiqueue disabled. Instead, make multiqueue available with only solo (no raid, no group).

You've pushed me to the edge of quitting this realm now.
I'm starting to level elsewhere tonight and if nothing changes I'am taking people with me.

Yeah yeah autists are happy I'm quitting, but all I'm saying is I've finally had it with having to deal with afk and leeching players in battlegrounds. You know damn well what I'm talking about.

TLDR:
Make it blizzlike queues, disable multi queue if in group/raid. Keep multi queue enabled for solo queues.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: Battleground queue system

by Niko » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:27 am

I can understand you're doing this change to counter the wintrading that so suddenly emerged out of the shadows (at least for the server management, lol called it months ago), but it's having horrible effects.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Darkwinjax » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:44 am

I have talked with GM Voltog today, he told me he is aware of the current queue system, and seemed honestly aware of the present situation of nostalrius PvP, I was told to write him a PM describing the current PvP issues, where I heavily suggested that adoptation of blizzlike + no multiqueue and explain current chinese account selling and br1 spot selling industry on both horde and alliance, plus the names of all account sharing chinese player on alliance side aslong as the leaders and everyone playing in both the alliance and horde side of this chinese market. (have various screenshot proofs for everything i'm talking about and the whole PM as enough information to ban every filthy chinese that account shared or wintraded the past 5-6 weeks.)

I still have gotten no answer, and I hope this is just a bug with the queue system, but I really doubt it, I can only pray that the mongoloids did not decide to completly fuck up group queueing in order to completly cut down the chinese instant pop free games and HK farm abuse, instead of adopting blizzlike system.

lmao i hope this is tinfoil but i think i may be right.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vathdaar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:57 am

i quit pvp in this server, BULLSHIT NOSTALRIUS YOU RE ALL BULLSHIT.
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sparkly » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:02 am

wtb blizzlike queue system
Sparkly
Grunt
Grunt

by ceen2 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:06 am

For gods sake, I dont like the bg queue system but if it makes right wing Niko leave so be it! :)
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sharax » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:16 am

ceen2 wrote:For gods sake, I dont like the bg queue system but if it makes right wing Niko leave so be it! :)

We must appease Niko. Do as he demands, whatever his latest whim. We cannot lose this vital, local resource of goodness.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kanem » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:33 pm

The real question you must ask yourselves is "are you having fun pvping on nostarlius in bgs?" The answer for almost everyone is no. Nearly every change that has been made has had a negative effect. They start out actually pretty good. Then people find out how to exploit it. Then it is worse than it ever was in the past.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kanem » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:35 pm

The changes to the PvP system remind me of this story from Fargo.

"The neighbor tells Gus a parable about a rich man reading the newspaper. He finds an article and realizes the world is in misery. He gets an idea to donate all of his fortune to charity, be even after he does, he still finds misery in the world. He goes to the hospital and tells the doctor he wants to donate a kidney. He does, and the surgery is successful. Still, people in the world are still suffering. He goes back to the doctor and tells him he wants to donate his entire body, but the doctor rejects his offer, telling him it is suicide. He returns home, having given up everything and failed his mission to fix everything. He sits in his bathtub, where he takes a knife and slices his throat, killing himself.

Gus asks the neighbor if what the man did was worth it, to which he doesn't give a direct answer to. He tells Gus that the lesson of the parable is, only a fool can believe he can solve the world's problems."
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sharax » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:33 pm

I guess this is partly why I enjoy lower level BGs. It's pointless to farm honor/afk honor suck. The community is small enough to note any particular player that afks to leech rep, which encourages us to report to preserve our community.

60 PvP, the way Vanilla sets up its rewards of time sink honor farming, is atrocious and encourages abuse.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions