The missing Troll "/silly"

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

The missing Troll "/silly"

by Zenn3k » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34 am

In Vanilla WoW there was a very good /silly that Male Trolls had that Blizzard removed just before TBC. However it is also missing on Nost.

It goes:

"I kill two dwarfes in da morning, I kill two dwarfes at night, I kill two dwarfes in da afternoon, and then I feel alright, I kill two dwarfs in time of peace, and two in time of war, I kill two dwarfs before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more". (except in troll voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2iypbkk9A

Is there any chance you guys could restore this silly to the game, I realize its minor, but it would be really cool to have back in the game.
Zenn3k
Grunt
Grunt

Re: The missing Troll "/silly"

by smilkovpetko » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:02 pm

In Vanilla WoW there was a very good /silly that Male Trolls had that Blizzard removed just before TBC

nostalrius client = 1.12.1 the patch "before" TBC
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Memegank » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:53 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:nostalrius client = 1.12.1 the patch "before" TBC

He means patch 2.0.1 aka "Before the Storm", this patch was applied on 5 December 2006, before the release of the Burning Crusade expansion (which was released 16 January 2007).

However, the emote was removed during 1.11 (http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fo ... 9181515397) because it referenced a song about smoking marijuana.
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zenn3k » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Not knowing anything about the code, I would assume it was just a removed audio file and probably 1 edited line of code to exclude it from the joke selection, Blizzard tends to use lazy solutions, especially with minor changes...Naxx still existing in EPL on retail despite being invisible and not accessible among many other lazy changes lends credit to that. One would assume it could be edited back in as well.

It was part of vanilla, so I think it should be part of this server. Doesn't feel like this would go against the spirit of keeping the server vanilla at all.
Zenn3k
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Suggestions