Suggestion to Revamp PVP

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Suggestion to Revamp PVP

by XxGokuxX » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:30 am

Change the pvp system to how it was right at the end of vanilla wow. When vanilla went to 2.0.1, the change in the pvp system was widely regarded as a great thing. This would make it so any player (not just rank farmers and win traders) could attain r14 gear. This would make PvP a more viable way to get good gear for people who don't enjoy the end game pve content. Which would be especially nice on the pvp server since its supposed to be about pvp.

Great article on it here

I know this is supposed to be a vanilla server based on the 1.12.1 iteration of vanilla, but the pvp system has been changed multiple times, so its not like were breaking precedent. Not to mention, the current system was not meant to handle this type of population.
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Suggestion to Revamp PVP

by Noxit » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:09 am

Go play feenix if u want that stuff.
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

by XxGokuxX » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Noxit wrote:Go play feenix if u want that stuff.

No thanks, I think I'll stick to making suggestions here, as that is the point of this part of the forums.

Thanks for your input!
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TomDeBaere » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:37 pm

They want to keep this server as Vanilla like as possible, if they change one thing, people will keep asking for other changes more and more. Yes, the Honor system pre 2.0 was hard and extremely grindy, especially to keep your high ranks. But that's Vanilla... perhaps just wait till the BC server comes out ;).
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XxGokuxX » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:51 pm

TomDeBaere wrote:They want to keep this server as Vanilla like as possible, if they change one thing, people will keep asking for other changes more and more. Yes, the Honor system pre 2.0 was hard and extremely grindy, especially to keep your high ranks. But that's Vanilla... perhaps just wait till the BC server comes out ;).

@tom I understand. I want to clarify that the suggestion was made based on the troubles everyone seems to be having with the current system. It was not an attempt to change the system just to make it easier.

Personally, I like the 2.0.1system because I feel that it makes pvp a more realistic way to get gear if you don't have the time or inclination to do end game pve. Which I feel shouldn't be an expectation on a pvp server
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by pastebin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:07 pm

So lets murder the blizzlike even more? Very nice

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35301

This is the only queue system that makes sense and respects vanilla plus fixes dodging and wintrading. Get real and start supporting the only worthy cause that can fix the PvP system that allows Chinese wintraders and account sharers to play nostalrius for IRL profit.
pastebin
Grunt
Grunt

by XxGokuxX » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:29 pm

pastebin wrote:So lets murder the blizzlike even more? Very nice

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35301

This is the only queue system that makes sense and respects vanilla plus fixes dodging and wintrading. Get real and start supporting the only worthy cause that can fix the PvP system that allows Chinese wintraders and account sharers to play nostalrius for IRL profit.

A little odd to promote a different suggestion, but I appreciate the enthusiasm.

I find it odd how people get so angry about making things a little less vanilla while also supporting an idea that wasn't in vanilla.

Just an FYI the suggestion I made was part of vanilla, it's actually more blizzard like then the post your promoting. The only thing is, the system I'm alluding to was not part of the 1.12.1 time line as it happened in the months leading up to TBC
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nano » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:46 pm

This will not happen.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions