Do you need money, Nostalrius?

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Do you need money, Nostalrius?

by Tiqqer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:52 pm

It seems that the server has reached its limit every day we are getting server crashes, random DC, 50 cm view distance, constant lag etc.

The logical thing would be to open another server for a specific region or upgrade the current server.

If you do not want to open the second server, so what is stopping you from upgrading the current one?

If its because of the money, I am sure you would get all the money you need, if you offered stuff like one time race change or even openly stated that you need donation for server upgrade.

A lot of people are waiting from any sort of communication from you, please don't leave us hanging.
I ride with my niqqas, I'd die for my niqqas...
Tiqqer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Do you need money, Nostalrius?

by Debois » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:10 am

I have no doubt a great amount of monetarial support would flow to Nostalrius, if they announced more stability for the current PVP server or them intending to launch more servers.
As it stands now, a large population of Nostalrius are being held back, because of several issues as you mentioned. The server crashing is not one of the biggest problems currently, as i've personally experienced only a few crashes, and that was during the extreme european peak hours.

The constant lag that you are refering to is only prominent as well during the extreme peak hours. This is ofcourse no surprise to Nostalrius IT team, as they themself write proud on their main website that server stability is perfect up to 10k players (Yes this is something to be very proud of, as this is not seen on any other private server)

Now to one of the problems that concerns me as well. The view distance. The view distance is very low, and such it makes questing in some areas hard, when NPC's are needed to be tracked down. It as well removes some of the joy of World of Warcraft, as you do not feel that the world is alive around you. This reduction of the view distance is ofcourse to reduce stress on the servers, and is most likely also one of the core aspects to them being able to maintain insane population numbers on the PVP server.
But there is now one thing that i have seemed to notice about the view distance. If you are in a major city, then you are able to see much further then if you are in a question zone such as Stranglethorn Vale. Both places have a huge amount of people in each zone at the same time, with the major cities being much smaller than the different zones but also having a much bigger amount of players in them.
So to put it simpel, it seems they have in different parts of the WoW universe made the view distance smaller to bring more quality view distance to other specific places in WoW.

And as the last point you mentioned "A lot of people are waiting from any sort of communication from you, please don't leave us hanging." My guess is that they do wish to communicate with their playerbase and fans, but possibly is lacking the manpower.
I hope a GM or someone from the communication team sees my comment, as i do wish to support Nostalrius and become either part of the Communication team or support the GM team. I would like to send an application in, but it seems that my forum account has not been active long enough for this function to be avaible to me.

So if any teammember of the Communication team or GM team, sees my comment please contact me if i have not at the time, found a way to get in contact with you.

You can contact me on email : [email protected]
or add me on skype: handicap270
If needed you can contact me on my phone at : +45 24 25 03 83.
I hope the Nostalrius team needs another member, to support them as i am very willing to put time and effort into supporting the community and the Nostalrius team.

I look forward to get in contact with you, and to further discuss how i can become a member if more assistance is needed.
Have a great day!
Debois.
Debois
Tester

Re: Do you need money, Nostalrius?

by Pottu » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:22 pm

Now that you have posted, you can send a PM to Tyrael to apply for a GM position or a PM to Syrah to apply for a position in the Communications team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Suggestions