[Suggestion] If ever a 2nd pvp server is made....!

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

[Suggestion] If ever a 2nd pvp server is made....!

by Simonich » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:56 am

It should have no instanced content! No battlegrounds/no raids!

I swear, i hold my word for it, i know that many people would love it. Enough to make a worthy playerbase.

Now this one is a serious suggestion, which i dearly believe that should not stay in the daydreaming level, mark my words, admins!

As far as i remember, giving an experience of the golden ages of WoW (vanilla) is part of your philosophy!
Indeed, you offered us even a timeline of the events, which will end up to the state where all content is there (1.12.1) and it will continue to be there for a long time!

But what have you not offered us? The times where no battlegrounds existed! The state of war which encouraged the tarren mill vs southshore rivalry wars! Battlegrounds were added right away as the realm was launched, driving that state of vanilla WoW obsolete.

You plan to allow us to have access to the vanilla wow state of 1.12.1 without having to move forward to tbc, letting players to experience the content of the epic pve raids once again, which will be always accessible! Many people love that state of the game, and would not like their timeline to go above the end of vanilla.

But many players also enjoyed much earlier state of Vanilla WoW, when it was truly young.
When warriors ran around in Arcanite Reapers and gear gain was mainly from professions and crafted equipment from your faction's blacksmiths, leatherworkers and tailors! And when ranking up was done only through world pvp and war on the outdoors!

I know many people who would appreciate a version of vanilla wow without instanced content. But if that is somehow against your philosophy for some reason, you can offer us the state of WoW in perhaps patch 1.4 (Where honor system was added, but battlegrounds didnt exist yet) and whatever else comes along with that!

Every vanilla blizzlike server ever made ended up to permanently stay in 1.12.1, but earlier states of the game which are quite appreciated were never to last, and in nostalrius, we never got to experience the times where battlegrounds didnt exist, which would dissapoint a certain group of people. It is quite a popular thing said around, thus could be seeked by many players.

Besides , the population of the current pvp server is high. High enough to cause lag. Personally i dont mind a lot, but it is never bad to have a variety, at least this case.

I know there will be replies with dull "No's" making every suggestion look less good, but those are often the kind of people that browse the forums.

Consider it. IF theres gonna be a 2nd pvp server, it doesnt have to be exactly like the first one.
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: [Suggestion] If ever a 2nd pvp server is made....!

by TomDeBaere » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 pm

You could have made it really really short and simply ask "If there's ever going to be a new PVP server, please put it on patch 1.0!" There, I truly understand you, I also missed out on the very early state of the game as I started playing retail after the BWL patch. But I'm afraid that with the way they are going with the clusters, they might only make another server for the open world and have it at the same level as the first one...
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Simonich » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 pm

I just wanted to add the reasons of it aswell, but im not sure how exactly 1.0 was.

Anyway, yes i will keep supporting this thread for a long time
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Robotron » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:31 pm

what.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by packersville » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Great idea! Also, there should be no abilities. You should only be able to auto attack.
packersville
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jackblak » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Yes! Give W-PvP realm please!!
Jackblak
Tester

by PeaceHammer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:06 pm

This actually sound amazing. I think a 100% world PvP server would be attractive to a great number of players.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nano » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm

This isn't in line with Nostalrius's vision but if this server is something you'd like to do, you can always create your own server.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions