Mob Ability Internal Cooldowns

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Mob Ability Internal Cooldowns

by Undertanker » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:29 am

From my experience, certain mobs have abilities that they can spam and which can keep you crowd controlled for ridiculous amounts of time.

My best example are the hunters in Feralas.

They have an ability "net" or what ever it is called which is not mana based. They can chain spam this ability on you within a few seconds but the debuff last 10 seconds keeping you in the net for > 1 minute easily.

While this may not effect everybody, melee classes are hindered by such cases and can only hope that they are not dead zoning 5-8 yard range, while they can still shoot you with a bow.

Even at 60, I simply have to avoid these area when going through the zone as it might take me a couple of minutes to get through them.

I can not attest if this is blizz like or not, as I was a mage back in the day and would blink and kill.

If this isn't, my suggestion is running an SQL query to check for mobs with said net ability or other cc abilities not limited by mob mana and once you found which ones have these, run a script to implement an internal global cooldown on those mobs.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Mob Ability Internal Cooldowns

by smilkovpetko » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:30 pm

in retail mobs was using maybe 2 times lesser their abilities than they use currently in nostalrius ,

net , cc , casting abilities are currently overrated in server .

example quest mother's milk is impossible to complete if you don't have warlock to summon you at the mob place.

it nets you each 12 seconds while it last 10 seconds , you have literally 2 seconds to move .

(poison nets used to be 5 times longer between before it web you in retail than currently is) , i agree that such spamming abilities among mobs and bosses in 5 mans are too overrated . (still i like it because it is hard mode) but it is not blizzlike.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:31 pm

the stonecallers at twilight camps spam pertrify ability. essentially keeping you stunlocked for about 30s or more.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by TomDeBaere » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:52 pm

I believe some mobs abilities should be reviewed. There are also mobs that have abilities that hit way harder than they should be. Best first step is to submit a detailed bug report on the tracker!
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nano » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:08 pm

If you believe a mob is using their abilities inappropriately, post the mob + spell on the bug tracker with examples with gifs / videos preferably. There isn't an overarching switch that we flip to decide how and when abilities are used by mobs, it's all done on an individual level.

A reminder, a bug report that says simply says "This is bugged" and nothing else will be marked immediately as invalid. If you care about an issue, spend the energy to provide us all the information that we need to verify, reproduce and collaborate your issue and the likelihood of a fix coming in a reasonable amount of time is much higher.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions