Suggestion - Freeing character names from inactive accounts!

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Suggestion - Freeing character names from inactive accounts!

by Omgzjustin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:47 am

Greetings community and Nostalrius GMs.

One of the lesser known things about Blizzard GMs was that they were willing to free up desirable character names from inactive accounts through the use of an in-game ticket. This was generally a long process and a method that I have used in the past to be able to log on with the character name that I want.

Now that Nostalrius is 1 year old(!) I think that this would be a great addition to the GM policy. There are so many desirable character names that were taken day 1 by people with the intentions of only trying out the server for a couple days, and did not even complete the levelling process. These accounts have been inactive for 11-12 months, and it would be awesome if active players were able to have their desired character names freed up, especially since it is so difficult to find a good name with the ludicrously high server population.

The Blizzard policy for this sort of feature was very specific, the character and the account of the name in question needs to be inactive for at least 6 months. Please consider this idea as a possibility. I appreciate your consideration.

Regards, Skullsurgeon :)
Omgzjustin
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Suggestion - Freeing character names from inactive accou

by Voltog » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:54 am

It will not happen.
Voltog
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Suggestions