Announcement to avoid talking in chat channels until 15

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Announcement to avoid talking in chat channels until 15

by Mencius » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:26 pm

I haven't experienced this myself, but it looks like in the "Account Issues" forum that a lot of people who get banned are flagged because they chatted in general/trade/world chat prior to level 15 and hit against the automatic system which is in place to guard against spam. I just started a character myself but luckily didn't attempt to chat in those channels until well after 15.

When I started up the game, I don't remember seeing any mention of this in the ToS or other announcements/threads to read before playing. Maybe I missed it, in which case please correct me. But if not, this seems to be placing undue stress on both new players who get banned without understanding why and on the GMs who have to deal with it. I think the spam filter system is good, but I think it would be good to have an announcement or post somewhere prominent for new players to remind them to avoid chatting until level 15.
Mencius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Suggestions