Solution for chinese lag

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Solution for chinese lag

by Brabus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:07 am

To relieve all the congestion from the server that is coming from Asian pings id like to suggest creating another server with the same progression patch as the current pvp server and forcing transfers for the accounts belonging to all Asian ip's. Asian IP's would be blocked from connecting to our current PvP server.

To pay for this put up a donation meter that shows what the goal funding is. If it isn't sufficiently funded by donations for 3 continuous months then take it down.
Brabus
Sergeant
Sergeant
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by Nelythia » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:25 am

No.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by Debois » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:47 am

The Chinese are mostly using VPN's so you would not be able to differentiate their ip from most other peoples. I also believe the Nostalrius team has previously mentioned that they are not interestered in blocking certain areas of the world.
Debois
Tester
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by erwinestpol » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Only solution is to block (disconnect) any entry for players with 350+ latency, which would be mainly east Asia, but no, the Devs will throw the "racist" card at us, they'll realize some time that the server is purely Chinese and that all the English speaking people will leave, but it'll be too late. I can also guarantee, that most of the people playing right now will not even attempt TBC if the Chinese problem won't be resolved, if the Devs won't realize this, this server will fall. Facts.
erwinestpol
Grunt
Grunt
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by Nothing » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:03 pm

This post in a nutshell!

Image

Edit: This is a joke. It's poking fun at the OP's topic. I'm not siding with anyone in this.
Last edited by Nothing on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nothing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by loonbg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:05 pm

erwinestpol wrote:Only solution is to block (disconnect) any entry for players with 350+ latency, which would be mainly east Asia, but no, the Devs will throw the "racist" card at us, they'll realize some time that the server is purely Chinese and that all the English speaking people will leave, but it'll be too late. I can also guarantee, that most of the people playing right now will not even attempt TBC if the Chinese problem won't be resolved, if the Devs won't realize this, this server will fall. Facts.


+1
I think same as you ! .. the problems with Chines is this - they don't speak English they take big resources and lag incrase next is that some part of them are here to farm gold and sell it .. this facts ruin the good felling of game .. 8-16h Central Eu Time is most big problem i play most of time alone 80% of players can't understand me bcs they are Chines.. Also they wishp me on Chines.. it is so worst..
Chines - Azia Realm or like you say 350+ latency kick is best solution
loonbg
Tester
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by erwinestpol » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:05 pm

What I also cannot comprehend is the arrogance of the Devs, I get the feeling that all they want is more players for their own satisfaction, records and numbers. What they don't realize, is that it was US (English speaking players) that made the server what it is today, before the huge influx of Chinese players it was US, the players, who advertised this server by playing it, purely. Those numbers and records WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN achieved if not for our engagement into this server. This is not appreciated at all. I feel neglected and not listened to, and so do many other players.
erwinestpol
Grunt
Grunt
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by erwinestpol » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Nothing wrote:This post in a nutshell!

Image

Sorry but this needed to be done.


You will not be able to distinguish who's a chinese player or not, it's not that simple.. I stated the only solution above, I've said what I want to say about this problem. What I feel though, is that not enough people speak up about this, because if we did, maybe we would be taken seriously. I'm sincerely inviting people to start talking about this more and more openly.
erwinestpol
Grunt
Grunt
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by Nothing » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:09 pm

erwinestpol wrote:
Nothing wrote:This post in a nutshell!

Image

Sorry but this needed to be done.


You will not be able to distinguish who's a chinese player or not, it's not that simple.. I stated the only solution above, I've said what I want to say about this problem. What I feel though, is that not enough people speak up about this, because if we did, maybe we would be taken seriously. I'm sincerely inviting people to start talking about this more and more openly.


I'm just poking fun at the fact :P I don't get lag so I can't honestly agree or disagree with these posts. However, it does seem to be an active topic. But like Pottu said "First it was the Russians causing lag, now it's the Chinese" and then something else about being racist.
User avatar
Nothing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

Re: Solution for chinese lag

by erwinestpol » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Nothing wrote:
erwinestpol wrote:
Nothing wrote:This post in a nutshell!

Image

Sorry but this needed to be done.


You will not be able to distinguish who's a chinese player or not, it's not that simple.. I stated the only solution above, I've said what I want to say about this problem. What I feel though, is that not enough people speak up about this, because if we did, maybe we would be taken seriously. I'm sincerely inviting people to start talking about this more and more openly.


I'm just poking fun at the fact :P I don't get lag so I can't honestly agree or disagree with these posts. However, it does seem to be an active topic. But like Pottu said "First it was the Russians causing lag, now it's the Chinese" and then something else about being racist.


It is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous to compare the Chinese problem to the Russian "problem" (which wasn't even a problem). At least you can communicate in ANY way with the Russians, not to mention the big difference in population on the server between those two nations. Pathetic.
erwinestpol
Grunt
Grunt
 

Next

Return to Suggestions

cron