Why allow foreign clients?

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Why allow foreign clients?

by Lardin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:37 am

Why does Nost not force the english client for all players?
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
DEFEND STABRU TRADE WINS EARN DORRARS
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Why allow foreign clients?

by Robotron » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:46 am

I feel foreign clients should result in automatic bans, just like playing with a client using a version other than 1.12.1. The server's only official language is English, so why on Earth would anyone play here if they can't speak the language, right? Having an English client enforced should be no problem to anyone who can speak English.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by notgunnahappen » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:37 am

Gotta stay PC bro
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by christopher312 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:12 pm

I saw a thread today made by a russian asking for a russian client. I assumed there only was an english client?
christopher312
Private
Private

by shiwodadiao » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:39 am

保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
ur google translate is wrong,
why u said it in chinese,.interesting .

if froce everone use english client ,it also cant fix ur problem
EG: ni zhidao w zai shuo shenme ma? wo zai shuo pinyin,ni haishi kanbu dong.
so,see?u also cant understand,but chinese ppl can .HOHOHOHO LOL
shiwodadiao
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sulfuras » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:14 am

christopher312 wrote:I saw a thread today made by a russian asking for a russian client. I assumed there only was an english client?

RU locale was added only during 2.4.3
Untill 2.4.3 Russians used EN GB client mostly.

P.S. During Vanilla there were RU-WoW addon, that translates some UI things/quests but its fucked up, so only noobs are using it, ~3-4 years ago ppl made unofficial RU-localed client, but still most Russian players are using EN_GB client.
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by Khlompur » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:28 pm

Just my 2 cents,
The reason this is so problematic is that you essentially divide the community into separate entities that literally can't interact with one another. The characters that are unable to speak the universal server language are worse than just place holders, they effect our experience, economy and community only for the worse, and cant even contribute for the better.
How can we be expected to communicate strategy to a player in a BG when all their messages just come out blank so they have no idea what to do or how to do it and vice versa.
How can we start a pick up group and form a raid strategy if the players we have invited cant even speak or read the language that is supposed to be enforced as the server standard.

However we still have all the negatives that come along with another player,
Sharing resources, getting ganked, seriously contributing to server lag etc.

The concept of players not needing to speak a universal language, the current way it is happening, leads to animosity within the community, a poor multiplayer experience due to impossibilities in communicating and inability to share or convey complex ideas.

Of course all of this could be fixed by removing any sort of standard universal language. Everyone seems to cite how "THE RULES SAY ENGLISH ONLY" but if the devs truly dont care about foreign players on the server, then why not just remove that regulation on language? I feel it would stop a lot of the complaining.
Khlompur
Private
Private

by Lardin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:51 pm

the Devs are much too proud of keeping up a server with a huge population. they don't play here or at least not under the same conditions as the avarage player. so they don't give a shit about negative gameplay experiences. they only want to post 12k online +"stable" all over the net for maximum fame.

they would make this a 50k server if the could. if it meant more fame.

a forced english client would "negatively" influence the number of online players. so nothing will change.

this post is meant to point out the discrepancy between what is claimed "will to create an enjoyable experience + enforced english" and the reality "pushing for the maximum sustainable number of players regardless of gameplay drawbacks"

if the staff was really committed to its own claims there wouldn't be the option to connect with a chinese/german/french client
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:04 pm

notgunnahappen wrote:Gotta stay PC bro

^ Pretty much the sole reason.
Remember the average French person's political indoctrination. Only slightly less obscene than the average British person.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Lardin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:10 pm

i have swedes in my guild. believe me when i say this: they are the unsullied of the social justice warriors. social justice fucking space marines, m8.
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions