Accelerated PVE Timeline

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Accelerated PVE Timeline

by Sulfuras » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am

Setup wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:Accelerated timeline = Accelerated end to Nostalrius.

Not exactly.

Feenix held down a pretty healthy population for 3+ years after they released naxx.

In fact, the only thing that changed that healthy population was the fact Nost came out, and most of those players came here.

Not everyone starts at the same time or keeps the same pace. Naxx will certainly mean some guilds will kill KT and leave, but there will be sustained interest in other guilds doing the same for years.

Feenix held population because they released Naxx not full...
First there were released Spider+Plague wing... 1 year later released DK+Abom...
4H was cockblock, extremely buffed= more than 1 year of 12/15 raiding, and after finally my guild killed em there wasn't Saph and KT available yet...
And then KT become huge overbuffed cockblock for ~1year...

People just cant kill 15 naxx bosses during more than 3 years...
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by Mandosz » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:05 pm

To be completely honest, the difference in release times for the two servers is only 6 months, slight acceleration of the PvE server and chances are it will be delayed slightly on the PvP server just due to unforseen bugs/ect anyways. So by accelerating the PvE server to match the release of Naxx on PvP it wont drastically affect the lifespan of the server anyways. The portion of people that quit immediately after KT has been killed on PvP will still quit and they likely wont re-roll PvE to do it all over again if the releases for Naxx werent synced. and as said before, I think there will be plenty of interest for guilds who progress at a slower rate to keep going on untill its done.

There is also the added benefit that there will be much more interest in PTR testing of Naxx from the PvE server due to it being imminent at the same time, so double the feedback and bug testing, always helps.
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:10 pm

accelerating pve timeline = more work.
no one likes doing more work. :)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Sulfuras » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:32 am

Imbaslap wrote:accelerating pve timeline = more work.

why "more work"?
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by stif » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 am

actualy a great idea
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mandosz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:00 am

stif wrote:actualy a great idea

Thank you :D
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Andraxion » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Sulfuras wrote:

why "more work"?

Because this is an emulated patch server, they have to go through all the items and health values, quest changes, all hotfixes and changes between patches. It's not as simple as just installing a new patch and going forward.
Tinkleflower (PvE)
Andraxion's Addon Collection [Updated and refreshed]
Taking requests for backporting addons to 1.12, though I cannot give timeframes and I'm not currently undertaking very large projects.
Andraxion
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:26 pm

however, I do agree PVE server needs some patch love.. it looks dead over there, especially in the pvp scene.. AV when?
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Mandosz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Andraxion wrote:
Sulfuras wrote:

why "more work"?

Because this is an emulated patch server, they have to go through all the items and health values, quest changes, all hotfixes and changes between patches. It's not as simple as just installing a new patch and going forward.

Which they have already done once for the PvP server, it would be rediculous to assume they havent backed up each patch iteration knowing full well that they planned on having a PvE server (or you know, just as a general rule of thumb good programming habit).

So in all likelyhood that work is already done and the patches are mostly ready to launch.
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Andraxion » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:04 am

True, you do provide a solid point there. I concede on that approach.
Tinkleflower (PvE)
Andraxion's Addon Collection [Updated and refreshed]
Taking requests for backporting addons to 1.12, though I cannot give timeframes and I'm not currently undertaking very large projects.
Andraxion
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions