Accelerated PVE Timeline

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Accelerated PVE Timeline

by Mandosz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:02 am

It would be very nice to slightly accelerate the PVE timeline in the following manner.

Release BWL with AV in March, instead of in March and May individually. Then proceed to accelerate AQ40 by 3~ months ahead of schedule, each step close the gap on the PVE and PVP server a little bit more. The ultimate goal of this would be to release Naxx at the same time on both servers.

This would allow Cross server competition for guilds progressing in Naxx (Which lets be honest here, its the main reason most of the playerbase is here).

The PVE realm would be at a slight gear disadvantage due to having less overall time to acquire gear from BWL/AQ40 as compared to the PVP server but IMO it would be a minimal concern due to skill taking more of a role in any Raid content than gear ever has throughout the history of the wow.
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Accelerated PVE Timeline

by Sulfuras » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:31 am

Agreed that both realms should get Naxx at same time.
But it can be designed by accelerate PvE/slowdown PvP/both accelerate PvE+slowdown PvP
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by Mandosz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:47 pm

it can be, but I feel like slowing down pvp would cause more complaints and drama than anything
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sulfuras » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:13 am

Mandosz wrote:it can be, but I feel like slowing down pvp would cause more complaints and drama than anything

Its already happened with AQ slowed by 2months in timeline.
Also, everyone knows that after Naxx release 1.12 server will start diying in ~5-6 months...
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by Diametra » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:42 pm

Messing with the servers' releases so that one tiny group of people can have the joy of saying, "we did it first," doesn't make much sense.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Mandosz » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:51 am

Diametra wrote:Messing with the servers' releases so that one tiny group of people can have the joy of saying, "we did it first," doesn't make much sense.

It makes plenty of sense, the majority of the playerbase on this server is arguably raiders who wish to re-experience or even properly experience raid content that they never had the chance to do before. For many of us the competition is just as exciting as the content itself. A larger pool of competitors just makes things even better.
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Khade » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 am

Mandosz wrote:
Diametra wrote:Messing with the servers' releases so that one tiny group of people can have the joy of saying, "we did it first," doesn't make much sense.

It makes plenty of sense, the majority of the playerbase on this server is arguably raiders who wish to re-experience or even properly experience raid content that they never had the chance to do before. For many of us the competition is just as exciting as the content itself. A larger pool of competitors just makes things even better.

Hello,

I would have to disagree from what i have seen so far that the "majority" are the people you speak of. So far from what i have seen alot of people coming to Nostalrius are here to experience vanilla for the first time including myself. i do however know a decent amount about vanilla and its content and for me the main events i want to experience are the opening of AQ and the scourge invasion as these cannot be experienced anywhere else as far as i know, take this into account with the learning curve of vanilla and the fact i have a full time job and a family to look after it will take me a decent amount of time to just get myself to 60. being realistic i know i wont get much chance to raid all the time so for me the longer between each patch the more time i have to experience it and see what things where like in vanilla times and if i can experience each raid at least once (i think there are a decent amount of people in the same situation).

now i understand there are people who want to compete raid wise and raid as much as possible as i have been there before myself and i can see why you have suggested this, it is a good idea from that point of view but i only want to state that i beleive this benefits the minority not the majority, just going off what i have seen so far.
Khade
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 am

Accelerated timeline = Accelerated end to Nostalrius.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Setup » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:04 am

Dr. Doom wrote:Accelerated timeline = Accelerated end to Nostalrius.

Not exactly.

Feenix held down a pretty healthy population for 3+ years after they released naxx.

In fact, the only thing that changed that healthy population was the fact Nost came out, and most of those players came here.

Not everyone starts at the same time or keeps the same pace. Naxx will certainly mean some guilds will kill KT and leave, but there will be sustained interest in other guilds doing the same for years.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Xasthur » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:14 am

Khade wrote:
Mandosz wrote:

Hello,

I would have to disagree from what i have seen so far that the "majority" are the people you speak of. So far from what i have seen alot of people coming to Nostalrius are here to experience vanilla for the first time including myself. i do however know a decent amount about vanilla and its content and for me the main events i want to experience are the opening of AQ and the scourge invasion as these cannot be experienced anywhere else as far as i know, take this into account with the learning curve of vanilla and the fact i have a full time job and a family to look after it will take me a decent amount of time to just get myself to 60. being realistic i know i wont get much chance to raid all the time so for me the longer between each patch the more time i have to experience it and see what things where like in vanilla times and if i can experience each raid at least once (i think there are a decent amount of people in the same situation).

now i understand there are people who want to compete raid wise and raid as much as possible as i have been there before myself and i can see why you have suggested this, it is a good idea from that point of view but i only want to state that i beleive this benefits the minority not the majority, just going off what i have seen so far.

^ couldn't have explained better myself
Xasthur <Slippery When Wet> Level 60 Warlock [Nostalrius Begins PvE]
Xasthur
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Suggestions