Regular AMA's

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Regular AMA's

by arOo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:26 am

The server is growing and with such a great project, players continue to have alot of faith in future endeavours. However, besides our faith in the Nostalrius team, we also have alot of questions.
- May it be the status of a bug report, feedback on implementation choices or just to have a little banter with the team.

I say, let's have a better communication culture and interview those people responsible for the server that we play. Let's have regular AMA's.

As to how "regular" these should be, I can not forward a definite suggestion. I think that all depends on the format of these here is a couple of options:

1) The community selects spokesmen who are responsible for conducting the interviews. These people are responsible of accumulating the question catalogue(with a maximum of select questions) for the people they represent.
The categories of spokesmen could be defined like this:
- New to Nostalrius
- Casual (Longtime)-Player
- Raidleaders
- PvP'er

This format is through and through grassroot democractic so we could make strawpoll selections for each AMA, who the respective spokesman should be.
There's the potential of these groups being missrepresented(especially with the New to Nostalrius category - which is inherently a wildcard) but since this option is easier to control it means less work for both sides of table. And we could put up an AMA every month(?).

2) The whole community setsup a question catalogue and we vote for the most pressing questions that we want to have answered. (#referendum)
This has the big disadvantage of missrepresenting minorities and will only portray the questions of a certain demographic.

The workload here is even more negligible and it has the upside of each question being formulated already by the one who makes the suggestion.

3) The standard reddit AMA, anyone can come in and ask questions, which results in stress for the Nostalrius staff and questions being answered that are completly neglectable.

----

Anyway, before i invest myself to much into this, I'd like to have some feedback on the idea.
Are you guys up for it?

(Adressed to nostalrius staff and the Board)
/allyourbasearebelongtous
Nuar - Nostalrius Begins PvP
arOo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Regular AMA's

by Lardin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:21 am

awesome idea
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
DEFEND STABRU TRADE WINS EARN DORRARS
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by euronmisc » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:56 am

Would love to receive more info and news about what's going with the project. It doesn't necessarily have to be AMAs but I'm +1-ing anything that's for more communication and transparance.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Viper » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:58 am

Greetings,

Last Core Team AMA can be found here :
https://www.reddit.com/r/NostalriusBegi ... _team_ama/

Best regards.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Lardin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:01 pm

i think most ppl have read that AMA.

the issue that some ppl, including me, have is that there is a lack of communication and transparancy. especially when it comes to policy.

many questions that keep bugging me (and others) have gone unanswered for many months now.

of course it is impossible for the devs to read/answer every thread on the forums thoroughly so dedicated AMAs or similar events every now and then would help a lot.

i personally could write a book of questions if i could expect an answer to at least a few of them.
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
DEFEND STABRU TRADE WINS EARN DORRARS
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by wiseoldenemy » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:46 am

Sometimes it feels like nostalrius devs want nostalrius not to be just another private server, they seem to put a lot of work and good-willed effort into it. Other times they do the opposite, sometimes even sparking flames of doubt and suspicion of corruption...

As others pointed out, lot's of things go unanswered, lot's of fundemental important things...

AMA's would be nice to hear from the devs and stuff, even if they say some things aren't going well, it's better than hiding it.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nelythia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:37 am

+1 good suggestion
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Regular AMA each 3 or 6 months is good idea i'd support this.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Suggestions