Please fix the casting while stunned bug

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Please fix the casting while stunned bug

by shimiz84 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:13 am

As a lot of you may be aware, it seems that if you start casting a spell at the same time as you get stunned, the cast won't get interrupted and will continue anyways despite being stunned. I know a lot of you will probably say that it's not a big deal, but as a rogue, a class that relies so much on stuns in pvp, and where letting a mage out of stunlock could mean certain death, this bug creates a HUGE disadvantage for our class. When you're chaining stuns, and one stun is about to wear off, it's nearly impossible to time the next stun perfectly so that the enemy has not even a half second where he can start casting a cc, especially with the lag. I'm consistently getting polymorphed, feared, etcetera, during a stunlock, and losing fights that I should have won. I've logged on to my alliance character and asked some of the people who casted while cc'd what it looked like on their screen, and they told me they did indeed cast while stunned.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4594 as you can see here, it was reported in march 2015, and seemingly no attention has been paid to it. I feel like a glitch with this much impact would be high priority, but nobody on the dev team has said anything about it, not even that it's impossible to fix.
shimiz84
Private
Private

Re: Please fix the casting while stunned bug

by Uzephi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:49 am

I ironically had this happen on live a few days before I quit on my lock. Albiet it was the 6.0 client, but there is times the packets get sent wrong and it does happen. Just be glad the "krick in the back" error from the official client isn't as bad here... I remember not being able to loot on my priest in so many heroics back in TBC due to that packet glitch.

Long story short? It happens even on live. It is a packetting issue and it is apparently more prevalent on this server than live, but rest assured, it is "blizzlike" bug. Let's just hope they can fix what blizzard was never able to.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Please fix the casting while stunned bug

by TomDeBaere » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:02 am

I noticed this as well a lot while levelling with mobs. Often the stun only takes effect after the cast is complete.
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Suggestions