Solving issues who will pop with the Clustering Project

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Solving issues who will pop with the Clustering Project

by Elliane2 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Hello everyone,
I already posted my idea in a topic in the General Board, but I think I figured out something highly important here and I wanted to post it in the most appropriate section.

The Devs will release their Cluster project, who will suppress the lag. Yay, it sounds awesome :D

But there is a HUGE process which NO ONE is thinking about.

Mark my words, this is my Prediction, and it will happen 2 months after the release of the Cluster Project :

Nostalrius is allegedly very popular, BUT, since January or Feb. the maximum population is sticking at 13 or 14k. And it does'nt raise. Why ? Because when we are 14k online, the game is unplayable, so people are disconnecting... AND THIS IS THE POINT !
Now, if we suppress the lag today, I assure you we could be 16k connected.
And one month after we would be 20k, or more :D

There is two problems here. Please, read carefully :
1 - Most incoming people will be from China, because there is a huge amount of potential players in this Country, and there is massive advertising due to youtubers, and Goldsellers (who wants to raise the numbers of customers).
As you know, most of the Chinese in Nost' can't communicate with non-Chinese people (barriere language).
Problem 1 : Explosion of the barriere language. (Also raise of the Goldmarket).

2 - As we said, there is enough advertising for Nost nowadays to increase the population loudly, and the only frontiere keeping people away is the lag ! If we suppress it, we will reach 20k players, and the lag problem will undoubtedly show up 3 months later.
Problem 2 : The lag will show up a few months later.

Now. I let you imagine a plan, who will :
A) Suppress the Barriere language.
B) Suppress the massive increasing of population (only limited by the lag experience).
C) Will allow the increasing of population in correct proportion.

Set up queues won't work because of C), Clustering project will be soon expired because of the B).

For all of those reasons there is an obvious solution : Allowing only the English client will solve A), the B) and the C).

If nothing is done, the reversed of A), B) and C) will dramatically shows up.

Thank you, and all my apologize about my English.

Elliane, a french player.
Elliane2
Private
Private

Re: Solving issues who will pop with the Clustering Project

by Nelythia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:38 pm

:geek:
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ölbröd » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:37 am

disabling foreign clients is the only thing that can make this server better. that or another pvp server.
Ölbröd
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Deathhand » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:12 pm

Die every time when i try to edit it...
Deathhand
Grunt
Grunt

by Edrahil » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Not sure you quite get how the clustering project works.

The advantage of clustering is that you can scale things up more easily. The devs can now add a servers to the cluster easily and at will to deal with lag and spread the load across more servers.

The bigger problem with 20k + players is that Azeroth is not designed to hold anywhere close to that amount of players. With clustering in place, I doubt lag will be the biggest problem anymore. The new challenge will be a world that has way to many players in it.

We are already overpopulated, but I think at this point it is to a fun degree. Throw another 10-15k in and it may be out of hand at that point.

That being said, the devs have always dealt with each challenge when it has become a real issue. I'm sure things like additional realms will be considered when the need arises.
Edrahil
Tester

by XxGokuxX » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Edrahil wrote:Not sure you quite get how the clustering project works.

The advantage of clustering is that you can scale things up more easily. The devs can now add a servers to the cluster easily and at will to deal with lag and spread the load across more servers.

The bigger problem with 20k + players is that Azeroth is not designed to hold anywhere close to that amount of players. With clustering in place, I doubt lag will be the biggest problem anymore. The new challenge will be a world that has way to many players in it.

We are already overpopulated, but I think at this point it is to a fun degree. Throw another 10-15k in and it may be out of hand at that point.

That being said, the devs have always dealt with each challenge when it has become a real issue. I'm sure things like additional realms will be considered when the need arises.

^this. I think if they are quick with adjusting their dynamic respawn and adding more servers to scale with whatever population they have it should be fine.

I also think after they do the av day, they are gonna turn that into a new pvp server but that's just my guess.
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Suggestions