Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by Pottu » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:34 pm

AidanNaut wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:Currently: At a 0.2 ratio of event, the basic auto attack/stormstrike is followed by 2 immediate swings, followed by a 1 sec increase in AP, followed by a return to the prior value.

Actually Dr.Doom I don't think that's the case. Take a look at this screenshot:
http://imgur.com/ZuIiK3l

Here I took all my armor off and only used a Dirk, which has a damage range of 1 - 3.

You can see that there is bonus damage being clearly applied, but it's being improperly reduced. Normal white damage was being reduced by 10% while WF proc damage is being reduced by around 35%.

Please post this information on the Bug Tracker report for this issue if it isn't there yet.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by kroven009 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:16 pm

They "confirmed" it quite a while ago but nothing was done which leads to these posts and frustrations. The length of this issue may have also lead to the shaman forum having the least amount of topics and posts. Enhance was a big deal for shaman and it was the build that most people had. There are more than one bug reports about this and as you guys said, adding more will be detrimental to its chance to be fixed.
kroven009
Tester

by diango » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Pottu wrote:
AidanNaut wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:Currently: At a 0.2 ratio of event, the basic auto attack/stormstrike is followed by 2 immediate swings, followed by a 1 sec increase in AP, followed by a return to the prior value.

Here I took all my armor off and only used a Dirk, which has a damage range of 1 - 3.

You can see that there is bonus damage being clearly applied, but it's being improperly reduced. Normal white damage was being reduced by 10% while WF proc damage is being reduced by around 35%.

Please post this information on the Bug Tracker report for this issue if it isn't there yet.

The GM team.

Thats been done and confirmed can you guys just say you are working on it to put this thread to rest please?
diango
Private
Private

by AidanNaut » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:34 pm

Pottu wrote:Please post this information on the Bug Tracker report for this issue if it isn't there yet.

The GM team.

I posted the relevant information in ID 1242. Should I test with other white weapons to gather more information?
AidanNaut
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:46 pm

AidanNaut wrote:
Pottu wrote:Please post this information on the Bug Tracker report for this issue if it isn't there yet.

The GM team.

I posted the relevant information in ID 1242. Should I test with other white weapons to gather more information?

I think more data could only be helpful, so if you have the time and can design a sort of test (combat log is a total bitch here without adding any relevant information) we could only be grateful :)
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Totemi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:02 pm

kroven009 wrote:They "confirmed" it quite a while ago but nothing was done which leads to these posts and frustrations. The length of this issue may have also lead to the shaman forum having the least amount of topics and posts. Enhance was a big deal for shaman and it was the build that most people had. There are more than one bug reports about this and as you guys said, adding more will be detrimental to its chance to be fixed.

I think Pottu was referring to actually posting the information that was found by AidanNaut to the bugtracker report, not creating a new report in itself.

Dr. Doom wrote:
AidanNaut wrote:

Nice work there. Guess we're back to having to test more.

This is interesting but Dr. Doom is right with having to test it more. I was doing a few combat log tests myself and using a .9 dps axe (the starting weapon for warriors) and when windfury procced without all gear my first attack would hit for 45 followed by 2 windfury attacks above 90. Refer to below screenshot

http://imgur.com/VBMzWML

So it seems to have literally doubled the damage but at higher levels with gear equipped, in fact it's very close to the damage increase using the default starting axe if you take into account the low/top end damage variable on whatever weapon you normally use (I use treant's bane).

You can see in the screenshot below that initial attack hit for 240, then windfury hit for 310 then 271 (again this is the damage variable from the axe). Before the mob died I procced another windfury attack, the initial attack being 253 then windfury hitting for 270 before the mob died (you can verify as the scrolling combat text shows 523 total, meaning 2 instant attacks at the same time).

http://imgur.com/ezw2CNS
Last edited by Totemi on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Totemi
Private
Private

by Shinigamy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:09 pm

Hello again guys! I can confirm (again!) that WF procs are totally bugged.
I have my talent points spent in "Elemental Weapons" which means that I should have 40 % increased effect on my windfury procs and ... nothing. The damage is the same! It's ridiclous. Not only the AP is not added from the initial windfury weapon procs, but also from the talent points.

Please - fix that. Every time I can't kill a mob/player I think: man, if it was correct, I was going to kill him. It's really sad to see that.

So yeah, thanks for the efforts!

Here is a proof:
http://imgur.com/ZgqQK9L

I normally hit for 100-120 dmg right now (this is my normal wep damage with reduced dmg from target's armor = 100-120 dmg per swing). And here: the procs are even worse than my normal damage. And I have calculated that when I have a buff of 50-60 attack power, my damage jumps to 150 (nearly) and the damage should be like follows:

You hit Galak Wrangler for 108 (normal weapon damage)
You hit Galak Wrangler for 135 (wf procs)
You hit Galak Wrangler for 140 (wf procs) - I've calculated this with the AP bonus and talent bonus below:

And who knows?! Maybe even more! Why? I have 3/3 on my Elemental Weapons talent, so Rank 1 [Windfury Weapon] imbues the shaman's 2 extra attacks with 46 attack power, + 40 % (18.4 attack power) from talent = 64 additional Attack power which leads us to 23.1 DPS up from normal 14.6 (without wf) .....! And it's gone...ALL GONE!

Believe me I made some serious calculations! I've used Blizzard's formulas, and from the example above, I loose a total of 9 dps which is almost 20 wep damage per swing!
Shinigamy
Grunt
Grunt

by Soup84 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:57 am

Just commenting to add my support for this fix. Reliving the old days as an enh shaman is the only reason I found Nostalrius, and having such a vital aspect of the class not functioning properly is turning me off of this server all together.
Soup84
Tester

by varmond » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:07 am

bump
varmond
Tester

by Shadirrasda » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Decided to make an account to say this , have been watching the forums for about 2 weeks now , while slowly leveling up a shaman to now 38 , and seeing this get zero official attention (and finding out it's been an issue for 9+ months) greatly demotivated me to continue playing , if there was at least some hope of this getting fixed i would probably keep on playing , but seeing the (lack of) action/confirmation made me decide to quit.
Really sucks because i kind of liked the community on the (pve) server , but the reason i wanted to play vanilla was to be able to play enhance shammy again , and finding out it's broken has killed me enthusiasm to keep on playing.
Shadirrasda
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions