Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by Derkz » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:33 pm

buffmanmuscle wrote:
Derkz wrote:
Nano wrote:Does this bug impact just the shaman's personal weapon enchantment or the totem or both?

Okay, I had to go in the game in order to find this out as I never once buffed my weapon through a totem before. It appears the totem buff actually works. When I see it proc, it essentially doubles my damage as my attack power is 368 normally and it gives me an extra 229 ap when it procs. However, I do notice a significant lag between putting the totem down and actually receiving the buff. It takes between 3 and 4 seconds before it actually buffs my weapon. I don't remember if this happened in retail as it's been ages since I played vanilla retail. The animation is absent with the totem buff as well as the actual windfury buff for the shaman.

So it appears the only mechanic that needs to be fixed is the windfury weapon buff that the shaman uses, along with the tornado animation for both. Please fix this bug, pretty please with a totem on top :P

What you described above doesn't mean that the weapon totem works unfortunately. The same situation is happening for shamans and their weapon enchants. You will get extra attacks and you will see your AP amount go up when it happens, the issue is the order in which it happens. The extra attack(s) will occur immediately before the windfury buff (extra AP) is applied thus gaining no benefit from this large increase in power. To address your second item about the perceived lag in totem, that in fact is how totems work in vanilla. The windfury totem pulsates with its buff every few seconds, this is the same for every dropped totem. You can see it best illustrated with you have a poison or disease debuff and a cleansing totem is out. It won't go away immediately but will be gone in a few seconds.

the weapon totem does work. i tested it. it boosts my damage. please reread my post. the actual windfury buff shamans have does not boost damage, just gives extra attacks.
Derkz
Grunt
Grunt

by vanillaketz » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 pm

I support this. Please make it a priority!
vanillaketz
Tester

by goondicker » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:39 am

I agree that windfury deserves a good fixing. It's an iconic spell for the shaman class and really defines what is fun about playing enhancement.
goondicker
Tester

by Totemi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 am

wiseoldenemy wrote:As someone else said, it appears from our point of view to be an easy fix, just put the extra AP before the hits go off. (this is my uneducated observation on the matter)

I believe it is a little more complex than we understand and hope it to be, but this is also coming from an uneducated player as well. The good news is there are other private servers out there that do not have this issue and windfury works correctly, so I'd love to think that's hope in getting this bug fixed :P
Totemi
Private
Private

by Valgatur » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:17 am

Do it.. I beg of you
Valgatur
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aslan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 am

Nano wrote:Does this bug impact just the shaman's personal weapon enchantment or the totem or both?

How do we test this, since Windfury is non existant in the combat log?
If you want to enhance horde raid performance, fix windfury totem to proc on drop-down not 5 sec later to allow totem twisting, the windfury event in combat log so people can see again when it procs and the least thing would be checking if the extra AP is applied before the 1 or 2 extra attacks.

All 3 bugs are reported and at least 2 out of 3, if not all 3 affect the totem too which impacts more important things than enhancement shamans.

(Once you are at it, fix blade flurry too, so we can dps :D)
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Derkz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Aslan wrote:

How do we test this, since Windfury is non existant in the combat log?
If you want to enhance horde raid performance, fix windfury totem to proc on drop-down not 5 sec later to allow totem twisting, the windfury event in combat log so people can see again when it procs and the least thing would be checking if the extra AP is applied before the 1 or 2 extra attacks.

All 3 bugs are reported and at least 2 out of 3, if not all 3 affect the totem too which impacts more important things than enhancement shamans.

(Once you are at it, fix blade flurry too, so we can dps :D)

There is an effect near the hands when it procs (it turns green for a split second and you can also see the damage). also, please don't derail this thread. this was created specifically for windfury, not anything else.
Derkz
Grunt
Grunt

by Energizer. » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:14 pm

+1 for fixing Windfury mechanics & animation please!

I'm not sure about the totem myself, sorry.
Energizer.
Tester

by Coqtopus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:29 pm

+1!!

fix is definitely needed!
the mechanic is essential and the animation is somewhat satisfying !
Coqtopus
Tester

by goondicker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:15 am

Does anyone know how we could help research the issue and perhaps provide the devs with an easy fix? Maybe someone here has a connection to another server where WF is working and can give some insight?
goondicker
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions