Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by diango » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:09 pm

Well...hypothetically speaking what if they could not fix the problem. And you would have them report it to this thread admitting they are stumped. What then ? That would pretty much make the server incomplete and cause a lot of people to leave because it will never be the "true vanilla" and it makes them look bad overall.

It's much better for numbers (their pride and joy) to leave people hanging. If it got out that major class breaking bugs cannot be fixed, who is to say it won't be mages next? Or warriors? They will lose face and people will lose confidence in their ability to maintain this server
diango
Private
Private

by Totemi » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 pm

diango wrote:Well...hypothetically speaking what if they could not fix the problem. And you would have them report it to this thread admitting they are stumped. What then ? That would pretty much make the server incomplete and cause a lot of people to leave because it will never be the "true vanilla" and it makes them look bad overall.

It's much better for numbers (their pride and joy) to leave people hanging. If it got out that major class breaking bugs cannot be fixed, who is to say it won't be mages next? Or warriors? They will lose face and people will lose confidence in their ability to maintain this server

I think it's fair to say that if that is the case, even if they choose not respond and continue to ignore their community and playerbase that it's going to have an equal negative effect on players getting upset and even possibly leaving. Especially seeing as though on other vanilla private servers they've managed to have windfury and other broken class mechanics on nost (flurry, blade flurry, every other ret mechanic) work since day 1 of their launch.

IMO it's better to at least let the community know if something is not fixable on their end, so that we may at least invest our time into a class or spec that isn't (as) broken instead of waiting around hoping for a fix that may never come. Interestingly enough there have been reports of windfury working perfectly fine on the TBC test server.
Totemi
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 pm

diango wrote:Well...hypothetically speaking what if they could not fix the problem. And you would have them report it to this thread admitting they are stumped. What then ? That would pretty much make the server incomplete and cause a lot of people to leave because it will never be the "true vanilla" and it makes them look bad overall.

I'd just continue playing like I do right now: On limited sessions without caring too much.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Shamiboy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 pm

Are you serious? 9 months and this has not been fixed? This is essential to the class and there is no acknowledgment from the devs. This needs to be fixed, There's significant damage we're not able to access with this bug. There's other bugs like flurry with one stack, but this needs to be prioritized and fixed. There are tons of enhance shaman not receiving proper mechanics to their biggest asset as enhance , not to mention we waste points into a broken talent just for stormstrike. Please do something and don't let us reach a year without correct windfury.
Shamiboy
Private
Private

by Robotron » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:32 pm

Shamiboy wrote:Are you serious? 9 months and this has not been fixed? This is essential to the class and there is no acknowledgment from the devs. This needs to be fixed, There's significant damage we're not able to access with this bug. There's other bugs like flurry with one stack, but this needs to be prioritized and fixed. There are tons of enhance shaman not receiving proper mechanics to their biggest asset as enhance , not to mention we waste points into a broken talent just for stormstrike. Please do something and don't let us reach a year without correct windfury.

Blade Flurry has been broken for 2 years.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by diango » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:02 am

Totemi wrote:

I think it's fair to say that if that is the case, even if they choose not respond and continue to ignore their community and playerbase that it's going to have an equal negative effect on players getting upset and even possibly leaving. Especially seeing as though on other vanilla private servers they've managed to have windfury and other broken class mechanics on nost (flurry, blade flurry, every other ret mechanic) work since day 1 of their launch.

IMO it's better to at least let the community know if something is not fixable on their end, so that we may at least invest our time into a class or spec that isn't (as) broken instead of waiting around hoping for a fix that may never come. Interestingly enough there have been reports of windfury working perfectly fine on the TBC test server.

Yaaa my point is some might leave. But it would be much much less than the amount that would leave once they are told the class the spent months on is perma broken (plus the cascade of others that leave due to losing confidence)

I'm not sure about everyones reason for being here but I sure as heck believe people pour months into their characters because they know they will be able to wake up tomorrow and it will be there. If I woke up one morning and frost bolt on my mage was not working, and for over a year wasent even touched, it would really make me hesitant to put more time in the server.

*edit* I dont want to sound insensitive or anything I understand this server is free and these guys work hard but they also need us. Without the players coming to their server their project for a "vanilla wow" will never be complete. Its like currency, without peoples faith in its value its just paper. If people don't believe the devs can provide such an experience, they won't spend their time here and go to servers like Kronos. It may sound harsh but gamers can be fickle.
diango
Private
Private

by kroven009 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:07 am

Like others have said, it could be because they aren't sure how to fix it. I mean it doesn't sound like a big fix but what do I know. The same goes for blade furry.
kroven009
Tester

by Dr. Doom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:20 am

kroven009 wrote:Like others have said, it could be because they aren't sure how to fix it. I mean it doesn't sound like a big fix but what do I know. The same goes for blade furry.

It seems that the sequence is currently offset.
Intended: At a 0.2 ratio of event, the basic auto attack/stormstrike should be followed by an increase in AP, followed by 2 more swings, followed by a reset in AP to the prior value.

Currently: At a 0.2 ratio of event, the basic auto attack/stormstrike is followed by 2 immediate swings, followed by a 1 sec increase in AP, followed by a return to the prior value.

Fixing that kind of blink of an eye algorithm in the code could possibly be very easy or extremely complicated depending on how the current source code is written.

Regading the animation, the graphic database should be accessed when the event does happen. Maybe it's not linked correctly or worse, maybe the animation file is broken or missing.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by AidanNaut » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:12 am

Dr. Doom wrote:Currently: At a 0.2 ratio of event, the basic auto attack/stormstrike is followed by 2 immediate swings, followed by a 1 sec increase in AP, followed by a return to the prior value.

Actually Dr.Doom I don't think that's the case. Take a look at this screenshot:
http://imgur.com/ZuIiK3l

Here I took all my armor off and only used a Dirk, which has a damage range of 1 - 3.

You can see that there is bonus damage being clearly applied, but it's being improperly reduced. Normal white damage was being reduced by 10% while WF proc damage is being reduced by around 35%.
AidanNaut
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:04 am

AidanNaut wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:Currently: At a 0.2 ratio of event, the basic auto attack/stormstrike is followed by 2 immediate swings, followed by a 1 sec increase in AP, followed by a return to the prior value.

Actually Dr.Doom I don't think that's the case. Take a look at this screenshot:
http://imgur.com/ZuIiK3l

Here I took all my armor off and only used a Dirk, which has a damage range of 1 - 3.

You can see that there is bonus damage being clearly applied, but it's being improperly reduced. Normal white damage was being reduced by 10% while WF proc damage is being reduced by around 35%.

Nice work there. Guess we're back to having to test more.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions