Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by Molochok » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:36 am

i sign, please show some respect to shamans and make it prior fixin the most essential ability of that least popular class
Molochok
Private
Private

by activate » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Bump! Please fix this!
activate
Tester

by Thighs of Thor » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:02 am

I find it very disheartening that one of the core abilities of my class is gimped. I could care less about the animation, it just makes me wonder how more effective I could have been leveling.
Thighs of Thor
Tester

by Aggronaught » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:30 am

maybe there will be a fix soon?
Aggronaught
Sergeant
Sergeant

by djidara » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:17 pm

How is this not fixed yet? This bug is game breaking for enh shamans. My DPS in pve is terrible and in pve we are significantly weaker than we should be.
At least say something so we know what to expect.
djidara
Tester

by Aslan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm

If you want this to be fixed, keep it to windfury totem too. If the devs think that its only about enha shamans, they arent going to do shit about it as it affects litterarely nobody in pve and few ppl in pvp. Its a gamebreaking bug for all horde melee raids and it also has to be communicated that way.

Not shittalking enha shamans here, but we have to advertise the problem in the best way. Doubt they would fix only the totem and not the wf wpn if they finally fix it.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Derkz » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Aslan wrote:If you want this to be fixed, keep it to windfury totem too. If the devs think that its only about enha shamans, they arent going to do shit about it as it affects litterarely nobody in pve and few ppl in pvp. Its a gamebreaking bug for all horde melee raids and it also has to be communicated that way.

Not shittalking enha shamans here, but we have to advertise the problem in the best way. Doubt they would fix only the totem and not the wf wpn if they finally fix it.

Dude, the weapon totem works as intended. I tested it. It procs (without animation though) and gives you the boosted attack power on your second attack. I tested with a dagger and was doing around 60 damage a hit, but with the totem proc, it gave me around 60 damage and then around 100 damage for the windfury damage. I mentioned this in a previous post.

The only thing that is not working properly is the actual weapon buff the shamans themselves are supposed to use. When the windfury procs, it doesn't give the boosted attack power. It only gives the extra swings. It is also missing the animation as well but that's just aesthetics at this point. I've leveled all the way to level 52 without the animation so I know when windfury procs only through the extra swings I am able to pull off. I tend to keep an eye on my damage in order to see when windfury procs in order to know what spell to use next in order to burst even more damage now. Granted, I am still gimped due to the attack power not being applied to the actual swings though.

Now here's the thing, if the weapon totem and the actual weapon buff have a similar mechanic being used, I feel it could possibly be easily fixed by examining the totem first, as it does what is intended, and then taking a glance at the windfury buff itself and seeing what the discrepancy is. If my theory is right, the windfury buff can be fixed rather easily.
Derkz
Grunt
Grunt

by borisy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:32 pm

I'm still baffled at this still not being fixed. Please, Nost dev team, fix it.
borisy
Tester

by activate » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Opened a ticket and spoke with a GM about this issue. He pretty much tried to play it off like it worked and told me something along the lines of "let me refer you to our website for an answer to this issue". What does that even mean?! Every damn post on the shaman class forums is about how WF is broken. Do they not even read these posts?? Or even worse just blatantly ignoring us? It was pretty disappointing and disheartening to say the least. I really hope the devs can find time to fix this issue. It's crazy that it is broken in the first place. End rant.
activate
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions