FIX BLADE FLURRY

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: FIX BLADE FLURRY

by Dr. Doom » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:41 am

Investing time in this bug could not only help the 3rd most played class in the server, but probably shed some light regarding the issues with Sweeping Strikes, affecting the most/2nd most played class, as it follows a very similar trend.

My own rogue is level 13 and I have no plans to play him seriously, and I have never had Sweeping Strikes in my warrior. Yet, I firmly believe that in terms of people gaining a benefit, correcting the Blade Flurry/Sweeping Strikes is the most important thing Nostalrius devs could invest time in (even though I personally won't derive any gain), with Warrior and Shaman Flurry being the second.

It is always better to reinforce one's foundations before building up another floor on your building. While implementing raids is important to keep people's attention, smoothing out classes, talents and basic combat mechanics (such as elemental damage) will do more to make Nostalrius a praiseworthy server, than succesfully following the suggested raid release timeline ever will.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Totemi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:40 am

Dr. Doom wrote:Investing time in this bug could not only help the 3rd most played class in the server, but probably shed some light regarding the issues with Sweeping Strikes, affecting the most/2nd most played class, as it follows a very similar trend.

My own rogue is level 13 and I have no plans to play him seriously, and I have never had Sweeping Strikes in my warrior. Yet, I firmly believe that in terms of people gaining a benefit, correcting the Blade Flurry/Sweeping Strikes is the most important thing Nostalrius devs could invest time in (even though I personally won't derive any gain), with Warrior and Shaman Flurry being the second.

It is always better to reinforce one's foundations before building up another floor on your building. While implementing raids is important to keep people's attention, smoothing out classes, talents and basic combat mechanics (such as elemental damage) will do more to make Nostalrius a praiseworthy server, than succesfully following the suggested raid release timeline ever will.

Quoted for truth
Totemi
Private
Private

by Slicy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:24 am

You know what every rogue does when he uses blade flurry to cleave ?
> Sadface
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Hey guys, by the way, just something I don't know and that might be good to investigate before the staff decides to fix Blade Flurry: do Damage Modifiers are supposed to affect Blade Flurry? I mean a second time, after they already affected the damage from which BF is from?

Currently on Nostalrius, if you attack two mobs with ZERO armor (lots of them around the world, but that's just another bug reported 1y ago :/) Blade Flurry will work normally, i.e. hit both target for the same amount of damage if you don't have the Murder Talent.

However, damage modifiers will be applied to Blade Flurry: for instance +2% from Murder.
If your Sinister Strike hits the first target for 100 damage, Blade Flurry will hit the second one for 102.

Is this normal ? This basically causes Blade Flurry to benefit twice from Murder, because it already affected the damage of the Sinister Strike which Blade Flurry is calculating its damage from, know what I mean?

I can see Rogues in BG with Berzerker being completely OP, like it would be +30% on your regular attacks & +69% on your Blade Flurry :3. This is actually already the case, but since armor of the secondary target is taken into account twice, well it's hard to notice, not to mention you don't use Blade Flurry that much in PvP, so situations with BF + Zerk aren't that common.

If the same happens with a Warrior With Sweeping Strikes with both Zerk & Enrage, well the additional attacks would get +185% (or 120% if it's additive, which isn't the case with what I noticed with Murder) :D.

It might be intended, but similar effects which are "linked" to a first source of damaged don't seem to be working that way (e.g. correct me if I'm wrong, but Ignite isn't affected by CoE / Nightfall etc., because the Fire spells that cause it already are), so my guess is it's a bug.

And the thing is it's quite hard to find any reliable source for that, since there aren't many movies where you see the Rogue using BF, and a proof of that would be a movie where you clearly see a Rogue having the Murder Talent having a Blade Flurry hitting harder that his regular attacks on a mob that has the exact same amount of armor.

Any input guys? :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Robotron » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:53 pm

AFAIK Blade Flurry is supposed to deal the exact same damage to the second target as you dealt to the first target (unless it's immune because of Banish or something).
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Theloras » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Slicy wrote:#ClassBugsMatter

A little context for Slicy here:

Retribution Paladin bugs here on Nostalrius
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 56#p178488

#LookAtAllOfOurClassAndSpecBugsBro
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Theloras wrote:
Slicy wrote:#ClassBugsMatter

A little context for Slicy here:

#LookAtAllOfOurClassAndSpecBugsBro

Don't hijack please.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Robotron wrote:AFAIK Blade Flurry is supposed to deal the exact same damage to the second target as you dealt to the first target (unless it's immune because of Banish or something).

That's what I have in mind too, which would mean damage modifiers shouldn't apply to BF, since they already apply to the swings from which BF emanate from.

Which means BF is bugged in that way (in addition to the much more important armor thing).

I haven't found any evidence in either way though, just common sense & shit in favor of what you said.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Robotron » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Yeah, it's a two-way bug, but because of how armour works, it fucks us over far more than it helps us.

Dr. Doom wrote:Don't hijack please.

That, and unlike Ret, Combat is actually a viable raid spec.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Theloras » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Robotron wrote:Yeah, it's a two-way bug, but because of how armour works, it fucks us over far more than it helps us.

Dr. Doom wrote:Don't hijack please.

That, and unlike Ret, Combat is actually a viable raid spec.

You guys come into my threads and spew your crap - so if you can't take the heat with me coming into your threads and providing you with much needed context to your QQ problems, then perhaps you should go outside more.

Besides, Rogues having one bug affecting you is laughable compared to the sheer number of bugs that we have to try and work around:

Oh and yea, Ret is definitely not viable...

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=37323

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=37063

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=36769

:P
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions