Stop locking threads.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Stop locking threads.

by Noxx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Instead of locking threads why dont u ban the people that make them locked because they post Off-topic stuff. Or just remove their comments.
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Stop locking threads.

by Keftenk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Inb4 posting on Nost forums gets you perma banned.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by thenuclearwalrus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:10 pm

inb4 thread lock
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Slicy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Everytime players are asking legit questions or pointing out issues, threads get locked.

We still have to figure out ourselves a list of all the legit blizzlike aspects of the game which are arbitrary and out of nowhere considered bannable offenses here. Or the other way around maybe, what is actually tolerated and not bannable, that list would be shorter to write at some point.

Even made a ticket to ask if cases like several players leeching ony/nef head and/or hakkar's heart buffs wouldn't be bannable whenever they decide it since it's technically duplicating one quest reward.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Slicy wrote:...since it's technically duplicating one quest reward.

Ha, wow. The man has a point actually...
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Saria » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Keftenk wrote:
Slicy wrote:...since it's technically duplicating one quest reward.

banhammer inc
Saria
Private
Private

by Junkerd » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Yep I've noticed that threads are getting locked time and time again, even my own threads that I make have been locked, where as afterwards I've contacted GMs to tell them that I think its unfair and they are censoring my written content, they then unlock the thread again only to lock it 2 hours later.

The censoring on this forum really is ginormous and I find it highly disturbing.
Industrial Raiding Inc.
According to Pottu, making a post about Silithus miners in a thread about unfair bans is spam.

If you want your post to be considered on-topic, remember you're required to agree with the staff!
Junkerd
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Thefilth » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Junkerd wrote:Yep I've noticed that threads are getting locked time and time again, even my own threads that I make have been locked, where as afterwards I've contacted GMs to tell them that I think its unfair and they are censoring my written content, they then unlock the thread again only to lock it 2 hours later.

The censoring on this forum really is ginormous and I find it highly disturbing.

To be fair, the number of trash posts is staggering. As the staff repeatedly points out, they have limited time and it's probably a healthier solution to lock one (or fifteen) too many than one too few. Many valid discussions deteriorate into blatant flamefests.
Some of us are here to discuss these matters because we care, others are just here to troll and that's where I wish the focus was applied. It seems to me that ingame permabans are more liberally applied than forum bans, which is kinda funny to think about. A forum account is without value and could be remade in seconds, while the ingame account takes hundreds or thousands of hours of work.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Thefilth wrote:It seems to me that ingame permabans are more liberally applied than forum bans, which is kinda funny to think about. A forum account is without value and could be remade in seconds, while the ingame account takes hundreds or thousands of hours of work.

That's prime Nost logic.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Soyoen » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Threads that have derailed into a total whine and flame feast: Please lock.

Threads where things are still being discussed (although with occassional trolls): Please refrain from locking.

Best of regards
Soyo
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions