Lock accounts

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Lock accounts

by Diametra » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:12 pm

As a temporary solution to the banning of accounts under certain criteria.

I am absolutely loathe to suggest more work for the GMs...it's just an idea.

I'm working on the premise that accounts that have been closed after they were hacked, were closed not for the original hacking but for whatever nefarious steps were taken after the hack, i.e..The hacked toon then went on to advertise gold sales in chat, or transferred large amounts of gold to another known hacked account, etc. This is correct, right? There was no way to know the toon was hacked at first, and there was no preliminary interest in whether the account was hacked or not, but only in the actions that followed.

I know this is extra work, I'm sorry, but could we set a precedent that accounts to be banned for illegal activities are first locked and then we check to see if the toon was:

1. in an account with toons/or is itself over a certain level, say 50...and then
2. Did the account just liquidate everything of value from it's toons preceding the noticeable or reported illegal activities.
3.If so, account remains locked until GM is contacted and PW is changed. If not, usual permaban.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Lock accounts

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:15 pm

I support this. The only issue is checking the logs, if there are any for that kind of activity, might be a little troublesome.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions