Kill gold seller spam

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Kill gold seller spam

by Odahviin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:20 am

Although it pains me almost as much to say this as the effin spam from these retards, I'd rather have nostalrius devs offer a legitimate way for ppl to buy gold. This wouldn't even be game-breaking since gold buying is obviously already possible evident by the incessant spam.
If you were to offer gold purchases, the spambots would likely die out since nobody would risk a ban to buy gold, and you could probably offer it up cheaper than the sites.

Eventually you could adjust prices, or stop selling gold if the problem goes away, but as of now, the spam is taking out all the joy of playing for thousands of players.

I don't enjoy the idea of p2w games, but it is simply the lesser of 2 evils, and a lot of us wouldn't dare taint the vanilla experience by buying gold anyway (it's taboo as f).
Odahviin
Tester

Re: Kill gold seller spam

by Uzephi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 pm

That would bring income to the Team's pockets, and if you read the financial announcement, they are avoiding EVERYTHING that would put them in Blizzard's cross-hairs. Income would put a huge target on them.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Anamolly » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:47 am

Just dont buy the fucking gold/ingame pixels best way to kill the problem
Anamolly
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:43 am

They're doing what they can. Report the spammers, and they'll get banned.

And don't buy herro prease gord. Gold farmers will be out of a job if nobody lines their pockets with Benjamins.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Aerwynne » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Robotron wrote:They're doing what they can. Report the spammers, and they'll get banned.

And don't buy herro prease gord. Gold farmers will be out of a job if nobody lines their pockets with Benjamins.

Indeed. It's because people buy gold that goldspammers are here. If noone bought gold, there wouldn't be a market to target; hence, no goldsellers.
Aerwynne
Tester

Return to Suggestions