Crack down on racism.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Crack down on racism.

by Noxit » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:08 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, racism
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mencius » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Agree with OP.

Also, it's not against the ToU to speak another language in party chat/whispers/guild chat and other private channels. English is only required in public channels (general, trade, world, say, etc.) and on the forums. Surprisingly, languages exists other than English and people who speak those languages are also allowed to enjoy playing an international private server.
Mencius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thefilth » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:17 pm

zamug wrote:No, there is no other way around anything. Racism has no place on Nostalrius and the ToS make that clear.

Your complaint is a valid one but completely aside from the racism that people are exhibiting on these forums, in game, and on reddit.

So Asian players flat refusing to have any form of interacting with players from the rest of the world is not racist?
I have no problem with Chinese players, but if you refuse to invite me to your Silithus boss farm group because I don't speak <empty box>, then from here on out you're dead to me.

I'm not trying to be all kindergarden "they started it", here, but if there's a real problem with actual racism, then perhaps a solution would be inclusion and integration, rather than segregation. It's like there's two factions on each faction (I'm assuming it's the same on alliance). One speaks orcish and english, another speaks orcish and emptybox.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cromecast » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:38 am

Report (via a ticket) racist remarks as well as Asian players abusing public chats.
End of story?
Cromecast
Grunt
Grunt

by nackskott » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:00 am

Here are my 2 cents;

This honestly needs a more permanent solution.. And not because racism but because of the language barrier. It's fine as long as you are in a dungeon with your guildies. But try to lead a BG (as example) with 50% not understanding more than 1 word being spoken it's most likely a loss. Because WoW is a team game, you can queue solo but you will still end up in a team, you can join a half done dungeon solo for your own selfish purposes, but you still become part of a team that you have to cooporate with in order to succeed.

There is a reason Blizz gave Germany, RU, FR, and so forth their own realms, because many of the players didn't speak the required language, which ruined the teams, or in other words, it ruined a huge portion of the fun part with the game and turned it into agression instead.

Suggestion; PLEASE make a new realm, enable free char migration one way for either the english talking side or the chineese side. I honestly think this would give both sides less headaches (TBH it's pretty annoying to listen to both <blank> <blank> <blank> as well as insults over and over and over).
nackskott
Private
Private

by Ölbröd » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:58 am

asked politely to stop spamming empty lines in yell. got a generic google translate excuse.
is that how they respond to GMs?
im making a point of reporting all the empty line yellers in if (and there are MANY) when i'm idle. but it's a fight against wind mills. if only the server enforced latin letters in public as they said it would.

i rest my case
Ölbröd
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Boothisphere » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:33 am

-Snipped-
Last edited by Abathur on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Racism;
Boothisphere
Private
Private

by Arx_1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Tbh there is no racism.

I think that the Nostalrius community has been incredibly patient in the face of the Chinese onslaught which has brought:

1. Terrible lag that makes the server almost unplayable.
2. Players who cannot communicate.
3. Botters, gold sellers and mafia.

I would recommend that Nostalrius create a separate server for the Chinese and move all players with a Chinese IP thence.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nothing » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:48 pm

They dislike them based on their ping and methods of playing. I highly doubt it's down to their race so please don't be a white-knight and pull the racism card. Oh, and for the record - China isn't a race. It would be different if they said, "Fucking <Insert ethnic group here> lagging the fuckin' server".
Nothing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thefilth » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Nothing wrote:They dislike them based on their ping and methods of playing. I highly doubt it's down to their race so please don't be a white-knight and pull the racism card. Oh, and for the record - China isn't a race. It would be different if they said, "Fucking <Insert ethnic group here> lagging the fuckin' server".

Can't speak for whereever you're from, but in Danish law racism includes pretty much any grouping of individuals. For example, being homophobic is treated like racism, in the eyes of the law.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions