Permanently ban compromised accts used for spamming

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Permanently ban compromised accts used for spamming

by Arx_1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:37 am

Dear Nostalrius,

It has come to my attention that you simply mute characters which are used for spamming goldselling ads as shown below...

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=39038

...and the Gold Sellers merely fill in a petition and get their account back which they continue to use for gold selling ad spamming.

In addition, it has come to my attention that you are being far too lenient with toons which have been banned for spamming gold selling ads as shown below...

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=38138

...and you are, as of today, placing them under review for unbanning.

By doing this, you are merely returning back to the Chinese Gold Sellers their accounts to use for more spamming gold selling ads making it easier for them to spam as they don't even have to hack new accounts anymore.

So, please permanently ban compromised accounts used for gold selling ad spamming and stop returning back to the Chinese Gold Sellers their bot accounts.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Permanently ban compromised accts used for spamming

by StillOutOfMind » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:27 pm

U mentioned it urself - they hack normal accounts for spamming and such. So it's totally fine that accounts Flagged for spamming will be revised instead of perma banned. Imagine getting ur Account hacken, and somehow get back control over it - u want it to be perma banned?!
StillOutOfMind
Tester

by Arx_1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:42 pm

No it is not fine.

Nostalrius is

a. Either restoring bot accounts back to the Gold Sellers themselves who are in control of the accounts or

b. Restoring accounts back to people with infected PC's or people who don't care about account security at all, that is to say restoring accounts back to people who will get hacked again soon. It is just a matter of time.

The only way people will be forced to learn to implement account security is to have their accounts perma banned so they might learn to implement SOME security tips in their future accounts.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by StillOutOfMind » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:09 pm

You get the difference between "being revised" and "being insta restored without even looking at it", though? I mean literally no account is 100% Hack-proof, and mistakes happen. I second your request for higher Personal security standards, and obviously I am for every Action against that gold seller plague, but after all it's THEM who started the mess (together with the cheap ass morons who finance them), not the stupid poor souls who have their login name as a password.
StillOutOfMind
Tester

by Arx_1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:21 pm

I have been playing WoW for over 10 years and I have never been hacked. So, it seems to me that properly following account security tips does make one's account "hack proof".

Carelessness and laziness is the reason people get hacked, and the only way to make a careless and lazy person get to work is discipline and punishment.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nathrizyr » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Greetings,

All accounts that were compromised and used for the purposes of gold selling/trafficking will remain permanently banned. This review process is to make sure that no mistake was made on our part with the bans.

In regards to your first link (mute), I will take a second look at it and ensure that the proper sanction is placed.

All accounts found to be breaking our ToU, whether the owner or not, will be held accountable.

Regards, GM Team
Nathrizyr
Game Master
Game Master

by Diametra » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:51 pm

Uh oh. It's come to OP's attention. This stuff is getting serious now.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Thefilth » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Nathrizyr wrote:Greetings,

All accounts that were compromised and used for the purposes of gold selling/trafficking will remain permanently banned. This review process is to make sure that no mistake was made on our part with the bans.

In regards to your first link (mute), I will take a second look at it and ensure that the proper sanction is placed.

All accounts found to be breaking our ToU, whether the owner or not, will be held accountable.

Regards, GM Team

I know you're terribly busy, but can you make unbanning the accounts affiliated with no TOU breach, whatsoever, a priority?
I understand that Forceberg won't get unbanned, as he was hacked and probably used for spamming goldselling advertisements or whatever it is they use hacked accounts for, but Flappy was not. The only crime Flappy could conceivably be accused of is receiving gold from Forceberg several days prior to Forceberg being hacked.
(Mailing gold/items to/from your alt is not against the TOU - in case anybody was missing my point)

After Forceberg got hacked many guildmembers helped him get back on his feet by contributing gold and/or items, to Flappy, his new main. So I am sure you can understand that we're many frustrated faces, not only because we threw gold out the window, as a sideeffect, but also because our friend is being annihilated for no fault of his own.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Suggestions