Reflectors & Spell behaviour- #Derive from Blizzlike!

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Reflectors & Spell behaviour- #Derive from Blizzlike!

by arOo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:53 pm

We all know about the importance of engineering in vanilla pvp.
In fact this is what made this inflection of wow stick out for so many.

Now most of us, have a very poor understanding of what actually is Blizzlike (it has been so many years right?) and as such I see the reflector-report on the bugtracker.

The bug is "confirmed", however the report has been validly contested by Kauerle. The Laintime clip @13:50 shows us that reflectors ignored AoE-Spells alltogether(they didn't even make you immune).
In this particular case, I fail to find a valid counterargument, but I certainly would prefer having AoE immunity to a school.

So the current state of reflectors can be considered as "working as intended":
My point however is "working as intended" and "optimal" are vastly different.

PvP can be made better, by deriving from the Blizzlike way and i think for this I can make a sound case.

Suggestion:
------------------------------------------------------------------
- Change the behaviour of spells - make the server poll for active player auras on Impact.
>A Pyroblast is in midar, the target of the projectile is activating a fire reflector - the spell gets reflected.

Here is my argumentation:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Reflectors need to give players a sizeable advantage against spellcasters.
Especially with stronger gear levels, pvp can be severely unfair in terms of balancing. The classic example of this is naturally the PoM-pyro oneshotting everything in its way. To reflect spells like these, players right now are forced to anticipate it - this kind of anticipation however is unlikely/impossible to occure against good players.There's a deadsure way to not be reflected on instant spells - you just have to wait for the opponent player to press an ability that triggers a GCD this marks your window of opportunity to land the instant spell without any possible repercussions. - your opponent simply won't be able to activate the reflector in time.

With the altered spell behaviour of my suggestion however this picture would change.
Instead of giving the skilled spellcaster every benefit of the scenario, he now needs to be aware of the possibility that he might get reflected despite casting the instant into a GCD.
---> Video.
Thus we have the ability of both players put to the test in a matter of anticipation&reaction et voilà we added a higher skillcap to a game that certainly can use it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I'm perfectly aware that I might be the only one to care for this.(I know I'm not wave@PeenixPeeps)
So I wouldn't mind about some feedback here.
/allyourbasearebelongtous
Nuar - Nostalrius Begins PvP
arOo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Reflectors & Spell behaviour- #Derive from Blizzlike!

by Ohhgee » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:15 pm

+1 for Feenix-like reflector scripting

let the death coils bounce :D
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nelythia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:23 pm

+1
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noxm » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:48 pm

+1
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Nano » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:56 pm

So you're saying it's currently working as intended ("Blizzlike") and that you'd like us to make a custom change to satisfy a subset of the population? It seems that a few of the +1's are coming from the same people who complained about similar things as the premade vs. premade queue and the world boss dynamic respawning system.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions