Possible solution for delays on this realm (give it a shot)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Possible solution for delays on this realm (give it a shot)

by Arioch » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:54 pm

It's very simple solution, at least I hope it is.

- Easteren Kingdoms & Kalimdor combined have 48 zones. (including cities)
- Lets assume there are 5 ppl per zone that are AFK.
- 48 x 5 = 240

That's 240 people doing literally nothing but using server capacity and stacking up population up to the point where server can't handle it anymore and we all start suffering delays.

You ALL know there is far more than 5 people per zone that afk at some point.
You ALL know how fast it is to get back into wow, due to is low system req.s and fast loadings.
You ALL know how annoying those delays are.

Question for players:
Can you live without "afk" feature?
I can. I will just logout when I can't play anymore, instead of afking all the time.

Question for staff:
Do you guys think that disabling afk thing will help us?

My thoughts on it:
It won't disable delays, but it will postpone them. Delays usually happen with 10k+ ppl online. What makes you think EVERY SINGLE ONE of those 10k players actually play the game?
At very least 500 people are compeltely afk, doing some real life errands. And trust me, those 500 people make difference. 9,5k and game ran just fine yesterday. As soon as it came up on 10k+ I started to feel delays in bags and quest taking.

I dare you to go to Goldshire this very moment and you see at least 5 people afking there. At least 5...
I won't even mention the cities.
Do you really need to be in game if you can't play it? No sir, you don't.
Logout, let me play the game without delays.

You can't just come up with things like: "go open new pvp realm"
It costs money. It costs labor. It costs manpower.
And above all, you want new TBC realm to be opened too... that's TOO MUCH to ask from few guys running this for us. C'mon... you KNOW it's too much.

Conclusion:
- disable the AFK feature in game and it will bring the numbers down eventually postponing the delays.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing. Delays aren't my biggest problem. Reduced vision is... Not being able to see in front of your own nose IS annoying. I have no delays in combat, only in bag management and quest taking/finising. But FoV sucks and if kicking out few hundred afkers will get it better - i'm all up for it!
Last edited by Arioch on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arioch
Private
Private

Re: Possible solution for delays on this realm (give it a sh

by Arioch » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Alexpulos wrote:Image

thanks, leave the room please

Now pls lets hear some competent thoughts...
Arioch
Private
Private

by sykezyo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:57 am

If you are doing nothing fro 5min, you get flagged AFK. If you still are doing nothing after I think 30min you get logged out automatically.
Where is your problem with that? That is already your solution...

If someone is just sitting in a town seemingly doing nothing then maybe is he is doing something because he is not auto logged out. That is completly legitimate if that is his intention to, at the current moment, play the game as he wants to.

By removing the AFK flag you would force every player to play the game in a explicit way. No one (huge exaggeration) would play a game, where he has to press some key every few seconds just to not get logged out if he wants, for example, to quickly grab some food or emptying his bladder...
sykezyo
Tester

by packersville » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Are you sure in Azeroth 48 x 5 = 240?
packersville
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arioch » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Sykezyo - yes thats exactly my problem. Its not like this server has 4-5 ppl afking. At any given point of time you got hundreds of people afking and taking server space. 30 minutes afk IS long.
Playing game in explicit way ? Sorry, please explain what you mean by that. Just play your game, logout when you can't - simple.
5 minutes break is just fine. As soon as you get flagged for AFK, in such circumstances we got here, you should be kicked out of game.

Tell me please... is that so hard to hit that enter key when you come back after 10minutes and get back to game? What difference does it make for you if you are afk in game or just logged out in character selection screen? Please... tell me the difference.
One button hit - 3 seconds loading screen - boom your are back in game.
What's the big deal?

Removing afk would drop the population in most cases, postponing the delays at least to some point.
Prove me wrong....
Arioch
Private
Private

by packersville » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Arioch, I see you are in a metal band. How often are YOU afk going off to do some practice/jam sessions? This will not be some deal where it will only effect others and not the curator of the idea like Congress does.
packersville
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arioch » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:00 pm

packersville wrote:Arioch, I see you are in a metal band. How often are YOU afk going off to do some practice/jam sessions? This will not be some deal where it will only effect others and not the curator of the idea like Congress does.

:!: :?: Can someone translate me this... :!: :?:
Arioch
Private
Private

by thenuclearwalrus » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Arioch wrote:
packersville wrote:Arioch, I see you are in a metal band. How often are YOU afk going off to do some practice/jam sessions? This will not be some deal where it will only effect others and not the curator of the idea like Congress does.

:!: :?: Can someone translate me this... :!: :?:

*Woosh*
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by notgunnahappen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:43 pm

Notice how the delay drastically dies down when china goes to bed? It's because there isn't 5k Xiaos connecting with 400+ ping, instead 5k euros wake up with 50ping.

Unless their clustering system is god tier and the answer to our prayers, nothing will fix thousands of players throttling your server with insane ping.

There's a reason any private gaming servers kicked you out after reaching a ping threshhold. They won't do anything until their system is in place and if it does anything or not.
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions