TBC - Shamans and Paladins

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

TBC - Shamans and Paladins

by Noxx » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:22 pm

So when u release your TBC server why not give the option of instant 60 shamans for alliance and 60 paladins for horde.

This way u dont have to script the whole vanilla world all over again.
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: TBC - Shamans and Paladins

by Uzephi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:16 pm

They are still using a Mangos core, so I assume they will just copy/paste the vanilla content once TBC is done with R&D then fine tune bugs.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:17 pm

lolno
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Noxx » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:15 am

Uzephi wrote:They are still using a Mangos core, so I assume they will just copy/paste the vanilla content once TBC is done with R&D then fine tune bugs.

Dont belive so?

Like it toke them 4 years to get the vanilla like it was on launch. Wont it take the same amount of time doing it on the TBC server aswell
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Uzephi » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:36 am

Noxx wrote:
Uzephi wrote:They are still using a Mangos core, so I assume they will just copy/paste the vanilla content once TBC is done with R&D then fine tune bugs.

Dont belive so?

Like it toke them 4 years to get the vanilla like it was on launch. Wont it take the same amount of time doing it on the TBC server aswell

Well, unless TBC Mangos and Vanilla Mangos have different instruction sets/programming languages, it would be a copy/paste for the vanilla scripts to work for all Azeroth stuff (minus Kara, CoT, and Drae/Belf areas which will be tested and fixed during TBC PTR). Mob pathing, boss scripts, head buffs, etc should be a simple copy/paste and it would be the same on the TBC realm. Why do you think the TBC PTR they don't tell us to test anything vanilla?

If you're asking if they aren't the same mangos type core, read below. I also underlined what was implied by both my posts.

Viper wrote:Development will start based on the latest release of Mangos core. As a consequence, migration of all the existing Vanilla content to Burning Crusade will be much easier, allowing nostalgic players only wanting to experience the first extension, to also have access to all the Azeroth & Kalimdor content. All the features properties of Nostalrius will be integrated once the Mangos core will be finished (anticheat, antibot, etc.).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36492
Near the end of section two
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nano » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:07 pm

There will be no shortcuts on Nostalrius.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions