[PvE Server] Implement a player cap (queue) in the future

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

[PvE Server] Implement a player cap (queue) in the future

by Dish » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi staff, hello nost community.

Just a few months ago, you could often hear people call the PvE server "dead" due to its population between 1k and 2.5k player depending on time of the day. In the recent weeks we've seen an incredibly rise in players. Yesterday we hit an all-time peak of more than 4.200 players online. This is a difference of 1.000 people compared to just 7 weeks ago.

Now, this is obviously no reason to complain. I'm extremely happy with the server, it's developing very well and I believe most of the people there enjoy their time on it very much.

But I feel like it's time to address one major issue that is almost guaranteed to come up if the server keeps developing like this (and it will, especially with more content about to release in the upcoming months): Overpopulation.

From what I've found on the web and also read in this forum, the server's population is already bigger than it ever was on retail vanilla servers. Personally, I am really enjoying the "blizzlike" feeling on the server, I don't want dynamic respawns because of too many people in one zone, I don't want a million people sitting afk in Orgrimmar and cluttering the screen. I think the population as it is now, is perfect.

Please implement a player cap at for example 5.000 players.

There are a lot of people who enjoy a huge population as it is on the PvP server, and I understand that. But I feel like, especially on a PvE server, there are more disadvantages to a huge population than there are advantages. There will always be a shortage on tanks, no matter the population, for example. Right now, waiting times to build up a group for a 5-man instance at a low level or at 60 are perfectly reasonable.

I want to address this now, because by the time the population is up to 6k+, it will be too late to implement a queue at a reasonable level. Also want to add, that in no way I want to claim that this is the public opinion in this community. It's my personal opinion, but I'm very interested to see if this gets support here or if there are actually a lot of people against it and/or don't care.

See you all in game,
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: [PvE Server] Implement a player cap (queue) in the futur

by Nelythia » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:31 pm

If I remember correctly the PvE server got announced with a queue & blizzlike population anyways.

Sad that it didn't come true yet.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Robotron » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:22 am

Welcome to our world. All the new players are probably rolling PVE because they know the PVP server is unplayable for at least half the day.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Dish » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Nelythia wrote:If I remember correctly the PvE server got announced with a queue & blizzlike population anyways.

Sad that it didn't come true yet.

I remember that true, but I've never seen it actually happen. Would love to hear a word from the devs about whether they plan to implement a queue. Now is the time to think about it and not make the same mistakes as on the PvP server.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pwnjin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:54 pm

I would also like for the player cap and queues to be implemented
J Allen Brack is the blizzard's Goebbels
Pwnjin
Tester

by Pottu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:00 pm

There are no plans for either a player cap or queues on either realm currently. The admins are aware of the population issues though. PvE realm broke over 5k simultaneous players last weekend.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Suggestions