possibilities of arena existence

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

possibilities of arena existence

by paspausk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi, I would like to discuss with you about the arenas in vanilla.

I'm huge fan of wow arenas, since tbc i was playing them , trying out new classes, making new specs, pushing limits of evry class were always my favorite things.

I recently found that there were arenas on late vanilla, you can even find some footage on youtube like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6t5iWEAyEg
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu9SR9CTFDE

I would like to see them in vanilla without any gear rewards or raiting, The main thing it's the fun you get from teamwork and pwnage, especialy when your all raids are on resets and you'r just waiting in the main city, waiting for them to end. :)

In opinion it would be really awesome to see this kind of thing going, what do you think?
paspausk
Tester

Re: possibilities of arena existence

by Switchblade » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 pm

true, but I don't think it's possible, I've never heard of a wow vanilla server runing pre bc arena.

It's probably not available with the current version mangos is working with (maybe I'm wrong, it's just a guess)
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sshroud » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:35 pm

This is the pre-patch for Burning Crusade (2.0). Doesn't exist in the 1.12.1 files. Could have been a potentially interesting concept though. ^^
sshroud
Grunt
Grunt

by lyrical » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:04 am

sshroud wrote:This is the pre-patch for Burning Crusade (2.0). Doesn't exist in the 1.12.1 files. Could have been a potentially interesting concept though. ^^

Thing is, do you want to keep the server blizzlike or not ?

On his own the concept of arena isn't bad, but when you think about it, what kill world Pvp ? Arena and flying mount.

When you're bored in town, just farm, world pvp, or just disconnect.

If you can do some arenas ( time, spec, love for pvp) why not go to brm you will find some guys.
lyrical
Private
Private

by Ghostly » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:36 am

Pillar-humping is TBC and it should stay in TBC
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Drain » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:35 am

As I said in your duplicate thread, this is not Classic. It was after the patch that upgraded players to BC. The only way you'd see this here is if we ran the BC client and content, yet locked off the levels and portal, exactly as Blizzard did when they released it. By locking things off, you could produce a 2.0 Classic, which would actually be better than 1.12, although it'd come with a misleading login screen and show races you can't play. But I don't think they'd ever do this as opposed to just running 1.12. We could run a 2.0 locked content BC turned into Classic(60 cap), but I don't think they want to do that. I'm sure they've already decided to stick with 1.12 a long time ago.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Switchblade » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:55 am

Indeed arena were introduced in 2.0, I wasnt sure myself

proof here

Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sshroud » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:55 pm

lyrical wrote:
sshroud wrote:This is the pre-patch for Burning Crusade (2.0). Doesn't exist in the 1.12.1 files. Could have been a potentially interesting concept though. ^^

Thing is, do you want to keep the server blizzlike or not ?

On his own the concept of arena isn't bad, but when you think about it, what kill world Pvp ? Arena and flying mount.

When you're bored in town, just farm, world pvp, or just disconnect.

If you can do some arenas ( time, spec, love for pvp) why not go to brm you will find some guys.

I have no personal interest in it and referred to it as a different concept in its entirety, not as an addition to Nostalrius.
sshroud
Grunt
Grunt

by Kroz » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:01 pm

@%#! Arenas!
Kroz UD Lock
Kroz
Private
Private

by Rhoen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:01 pm

You could always do what I do and host Gurubushi arena events =). Have everyone throw in 5 gold and enter their team in as a tourney etc, whoever wins-wins the pot etc, One host from Alliance, One host from Horde.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions