Progression, raid difficulty and release timeline

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Progression, raid difficulty and release timeline

by Keftenk » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Truthfully if they were to change difficulties of fights. They might as well make "vanilla WoW" the way they envisioned it to be. Balanced trees, stats, encounters, etc.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Netherfrost » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Lyndis wrote:For the raid difficulty, it will always being the same, no matter the mmo. Once you have the stuff of the current tier, the tier is easy to clean. When you have next tier gear, the old tiers are just a joke without challenge. That's the mmo principe.

This wasn't entirely the case in vanilla, and that is why I really believe vanilla was unique and should be perceived as so. PreBC you had 900.000 players in the US, of those only 900 guilds managed to get ONE naxx boss, and of those 900, 23 managed to complete the instance. Certain things were never easy to clean and you always had to be careful, you could never just pull recklessly with no thought behind and expect to survive.

Farsight wrote:
and the server’s top guilds using literally all available buffs for progression
Onixya buff too ? :mrgreen: progress will be short...

Just for clarification, as you clearly haven't seen what lengths people go to - Feel free to check this guys' buffbar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG-BlRHiXVQ, the limit is 32 aand you guessed it, some consumes/buffs aren't used because of it ;)

Lyndis wrote:If you really like challenge, i don't think try boss when you have allready all strats and tips of release (not beta like official wow progress) is the thing you need.

Sure! The dream could be an entirely new game which actually challenged players, but heads up, its 2015 and the game developpers will no longer produce content which only is used by 0.1% of the community, it doesn't make sence in any business plan, naturally this was the reason Blizzard took the liberty of copy pasting Naxx back into WotLK, so few had even been inside the instance so it wouldn't hurt putting it back in there. Just a cute fyi, AnubRekhans' Locust swarm, DoT debuff, tick in vanilla was 80% of the damage it did in WotLK, 1200 and ~1500(http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2098120195) , mind me, I'm pretty certain you're aware of the different HP values throughout the content.

Enrage wrote::o :o :o NOT BLIZZLIKE FOR VANILLA :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you want a hard mode, go in raid with a not so good gear, you'll have difficulties :mrgreen:

I did my best in order to avoid these comments, but it seems I was in vain, perhaps I didn't explain it thoroughly enough, do me a favor and read it again? ;)
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zerdahk786 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:52 am

Keep in mind that on feenix 40 out of 100 people are new to vanilla or let alone anything preWotlk. So they have no idea whatsoever to do. Ive experienced this from top nit guilds to casual guilds that there are still people who mouseclick and has no keybinds at all.

If you are the netherfrost from dreamstate i can understand the amount of requirment for elite players or guilds and making the game sound fun and competitive but keep in mind if we want to sustain what you have said than the amount of players playing on the server will be lower than what is on ED at the moment.

Its Gnominator here btw
i like challenges but i like to play in an environment where i dont have to spend more than 2 hours aday after work and no more than 4 hours on raid days. Life too short to keep the vanilla adrenaline pumping :(
zerdahk786
Private
Private

by Enrage » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:56 pm

Enrage wrote::o :o :o NOT BLIZZLIKE FOR VANILLA :evil: :evil: :evil:

Nether wrote:If you want a hard mode, go in raid with a not so good gear, you'll have difficulties :mrgreen:

I did my best in order to avoid these comments, but it seems I was in vain, perhaps I didn't explain it thoroughly enough, do me a favor and read it again? ;)

lol sorry I only wrote it without giving it a real thought :lol:
Beta tester: Ybric Mage // Troiskwet Warrior // Enrage Rogue
Enrage
Grunt
Grunt

by kovenant » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:55 am

me as a semi hardcore raider in vanilla days can confirm we went through all lengths to be buffed, for new encounters. the onyxia buff was a must, however in the earlier days the flasks and buffs from food were horrible.. so almost noone bothered with them.
when special recipies were released that needed dificult items to get that did provide a good buff , the main tanks were running around for days to gather all the resources for that buff.
over time alot of better quality buffs were released and everyone was farming and farming for materials and even gear .. when AQ was released we didnt raid in tier 1/2, we raided in greens and blues with nature resistance.

im sure the experience will be different now, then when we first started raiding in MC we wiped 2 days in a row on the first 2 giants and the next days we killed 3 bosses..
you learn and you grow, the people that didnt learn or grew were removed.
in a 40 man raid like MC in the start you needed atleast 36 focussed players with correct builds / gear etc.
in the end we did it with about 10 people and other players that "bought" their way in for gear.

so yes everything changed, and i guess most users here will have played the endgame content in vanilla else they wouldnt be here. so everyone knows how it went "back then" and how it goes now.

those were the days :)
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Viper » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:57 am

Interesting subject, incoming news soon :)
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Youfie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 am

Viper wrote:Interesting subject, incoming news soon :)

*Heavy breathing*
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hatson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:04 am

Viper wrote:Interesting subject, incoming news soon :)

The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:36 am

Oh shit :O
I don't know what that'll mean! It might force me to rethink about playing Enhancement Shaman. AHhh!!
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hatson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 am

Keftenk wrote:Oh shit :O
I don't know what that'll mean! It might force me to rethink about playing Enhancement Shaman. AHhh!!

Why would it do that? If you want to powergame, you'd never play one in the first place! :lol:
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions