There is one thing that should NOT be blizzlike.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: There is one thing that should NOT be blizzlike.

by NerZhulen » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:10 am

:D, I agree that this is one thing which really should NOT be blizzlike...
just my opinion thou
NerZhulen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Switchblade » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:21 am

Well, that's pretty annoying, but I'll deal with it
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Divineuty » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:14 pm

Never played shaman on retail but that was definately THE worst unlogical thing to not fix ever.
Lucky there was that cave right outside org which always had some evading mobs so you could leave your char to afk autoattack to 300.
Every leg in the ass is one step forward!
Divineuty
Private
Private

by Moebius » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Most 'uncomfortable' things in Vanilla have good reasons to be there. But this one? It really sounds like someone wanted to piss off shamans :D
"I may have been raised by humans, but I'm no fool."
Moebius
Grunt
Grunt

by Moxey » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:37 pm

yep this is not respec cost or anything like that. It does not affect community or gameplay in any way outside making shamans waste time hitting mobs when other people can do whatever they want.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by nujabes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Youfie wrote:I don't want to be an asshole an all, but if we grant shamans a small little thing that is very convenient for them but not Blizz-like, then every class is entitled to ask for one favor like this :/.

It's always the same issue with exceptions - where do you draw the line ? There are countless tweaks that don't affect the game like Sham's weapon skill that could be asked by many.

I don't really care shaman saving game time thanks to this tweak, but you know, it just doesn't seem really fair to other players, and soon you're gonna see rogues asking for their swirly ball back (<3), casters for the 3-second buff that make spells free and other similar things, and if the staff grants you your wish, there is no reason he souldn't do the same to other people without being unfair.

So draw the line exactly here. Make this one tiny change and leave the rest be. It's a complete disaster for Shamans to respec between PvE and PvP spec and it is the sole reason I avoid this class on every single vanilla server.
Vaccination causes autism. Don't ruin your child's life, don't vaccinate!
nujabes
Grunt
Grunt

by Envy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:16 pm

Switchblade wrote:are you sure it worked this way back then ? (I would love to have a proof)

Anyone that played back then knows it, it was fun to see the rage though, would love to see it again!
But come on, let's be fair, it's stupid to deny it.
But then I remember that rage about the blink being too well fixed, mmmh, oh well, I won't play shaman, do as you like :D (but that great blink will be missed, just so you know!)
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aquane » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:47 pm

"Two-Handed Axes/Maces (Enhancement Talent) - Skill levels gained with these two weapons will now be retained if you decide to unspend this talent point and return to it later. "
-patch 1.11 notes

HAVING THE SKILL POINTS RESET IS NOT BLIZZLIKE
EDIT: i said talent points instead of skill points by mistake lol
Last edited by Aquane on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Switchblade » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:24 am

Envy wrote:
Switchblade wrote:are you sure it worked this way back then ? (I would love to have a proof)

Anyone that played back then knows it, it was fun to see the rage though, would love to see it again!
But come on, let's be fair, it's stupid to deny it.
But then I remember that rage about the blink being too well fixed, mmmh, oh well, I won't play shaman, do as you like :D (but that great blink will be missed, just so you know!)

I was playing (also) shaman back then and I didnt remember losing point skill when I had to respec ;)

Aquane wrote:"Two-Handed Axes/Maces (Enhancement Talent) - Skill levels gained with these two weapons will now be retained if you decide to unspend this talent point and return to it later. "
-patch 1.11 notes

HAVING THE TALENT POINTS RESET IS NOT BLIZZLIKE

Thanks Aquane
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thrashing » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 am

nujabes wrote:It's a complete disaster for Shamans to respec between PvE and PvP spec and it is the sole reason I avoid this class on every single vanilla server.

Well no not really. Shaman PvE spec is Restoration and PvP spec is Elemental or Restoration. Silly Shamans thinking they need 2H weapon skills for anything. :D
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Suggestions