(1) Choose Displayed PVP Rank Title!

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

(1) Choose Displayed PVP Rank Title!

by Askental » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:21 am

While patch 2.0.1 is often regarded as "the beginning of the end" of the good old WoW, it also came with a couple sweet features including one that I would like to talk about:

Players may display their highest lifetime rank title (accessible from character sheet).

So at this point, players had a little drop down menu in the character sheet to select which title is displayed before their name. At first, I believe it was only the highest PVP rank title, or the Conqueror/Justicar title, or none at all. Then, they added the arena related titles, and many others with the achievement system.

Honestly, I can not think of anyone who did not like this change, especially my fellow serious PVP'ers. Because even if the "honor decay" is necessary for healthy PVP activity, no one wearing the R13 armor enjoyed having "Sergeant" written above their head.
And to clarify, I am 100% against having a way to "freeze" the honor and actually keep your PVP rank forever. It should not change anything to players ranking and how much honor they give when being killed, etc. The title is not the rank. That said and because we are playing with the most frustrating version of the PVP system, I think it would be neat to bring this little feature to the server. The way I see it, just a simple chat command would do the trick, something like:

.title default / highest / lowest* / none

Despite feeding the egos, I think this could give more motivation to reach for the highest ranks because you get to keep them forever, and a stronger feel of achieving something. There is also little, but some RP potential with this feature!
I don't really see cons, otherwise I would not suggest it. One could argue that it does not help figuring out who are the actual top players of the week, but even without this, it's quite common to see high ranked players pretty low in the rankings because they are taking their post-grind break and some low ranked player sitting on #1 position because they just began grinding, so it's even... If it doesn't feel right to have so many rank 6-8 players, this feature could also be only available if your highest rank is 10 or above, for example, so only serious PVP'ers get to keep their titles.

* This suggestion is related to my next point, and while both are completely independent, they would work well together, in an attempt to bring a little bit of fresh air to vanilla RPing without altering the original experience too much.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: (1) Choose Displayed PVP Rank Title!

by Hatson » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:33 am

I'm just gonna reply with a short thought on how I feel on all 4 suggestions you just posted with a Yes or No overall feelings on it, on a scale of 0-100% agreement.
Let's start with this one:

80% Yes.

This could cause quite a stir and controversy. But... I wouldn't mind it myself, personally.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mrmr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:26 am

I think it's not possible using the default client.

also, during PvP, you get a different amount of honor slaying different rank players.

Killing a r14 grants more honor than killing r13.
The title is a visual indication how much honor you can get from the killing.

I vote "no"
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:57 pm

mrmr wrote:The title is a visual indication how much honor you can get from the killing.

True, but is this really how people decide with who they fight? I mean it is indeed an information but I don't see how it changes players' decisions.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by antha » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:36 pm

hello,

I agree with the approach ahskental it would be fun!

q+
antha
Tester

by Envy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:36 am

I agree with this one too!
It's just a visual feature, who cares? Except the one choosing his own rank.
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by showtime » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:18 am

no go play woltk for that noob shit
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Askental » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:30 am

showtime wrote:no go play woltk for that noob shit

:cry:
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aquane » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:14 pm

i dont like this idea

people should always be displaying their current rank
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Suggestions