Cost respe or not ? again

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Cost respe or not ? again

by Foksa » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:02 pm

I see cost respe are always very controversial subject ; many people say : "i can't shell out 200g per week, i've a life ...etc ..." i agree we can't, it's true ... now i want to give you my perspective about that.
First of all, about wow in overall who has changed dramatically, the game has become extremely competitive and individualistic, everyone wants to do better than the neighbor, classes are become highly versatile players need many equipment, many spe, to be best in all situations ; i understand, people are accustomed to it ; OK, but on 1.12 each class and spec has a specific role and many weakness(a bit like war3), here the teamplay is essential, without forgetting that many classes and spe can be good in 1v1 if is it well play but this isn't the objective, respé system was not made for be used 4 times per week ; if you don't like your spe or class, maybe time to change it ...
Moreover, normally, a player with a good PvE optimization will have a better stuff but remains a bit weak against Pvp-boy with a less good stuff ; with no-cost respé there will be many dude completely unkillable in bg and another who can not do anything, it will also kill the hybrid spec as the off-tank.
In short, one thing is sure, this will simplify the game for many people but personally, i'm not here for that ... and I don't want to end the game too quickly, in principle BC will not come on nostalR, right ?
Foksa
Tester

Re: Cost respe or not ? again

by Hatson » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:05 pm

There's already a 7 page discussion about this: viewtopic.php?t=51
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Foksa » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 pm

topic locked !
Foksa
Tester

by Drain » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:46 pm

I don't know why they are needlessly locking threads, but one of the staff already said in that thread that it's going to use the Classic costs. If I remember correctly, this means it'll go up 5g each time to a max of 50, decaying 5g each week that it isn't done. This is going to be a good selling point over Kronos, who plans to cap it at 10g regardless of how many times you do it. The way Blizzard originally had it in Classic is how you should want it. If not... well you should just go to a Wotlk private server then and enjoy the dual spec feature that lets you pop between 2 full builds free of cost anytime you like. If you view Classic's original respec system as a problem, as they and many complainers did, well it's "fixed" in Wotlk.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Askental » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Is this really how you chose which version you wanted to play?
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Abcynia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:39 pm

I think what the OP is trying to say is something like: This is too hard, I want an easy game to play.
Abcynia
Private
Private

by Foksa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:06 am

*** MESSAGE MODERATED ***
Foksa
Tester

by Hatson » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:22 am

Please keep the chat at least slightly mature, folks. No one wants to talk to, or play with kids.

Also:
Foksa wrote:I don't want to end the game too quickly, in principle BC will not come on nostalR, right ?

Read the FAQ: http://puu.sh/cSoS5/d0deb1f717.jpg
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by cardk » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:18 am

Abcynia wrote:I think what the OP is trying to say is something like: This is too hard, I want an easy game to play.

Why do you say this? Did you not read anything he wrote?
i'm not here for that ...

Come on man, don't go around bashing people for something they didn't say.
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Moxey » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:27 pm

50g respecs is a crap design choice, blizzard themselves even fixed it with dual spec and later super cheap dual spec. This servers main competitor Kronos has 10g respec price at max and many people see that as a great idea.
Just saying that it sure wont make you LESS Popular.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions