Please dont go all feenix and make GDKP raid runs legit :(

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Please dont go all feenix and make GDKP raid runs legit

by Zelious » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:44 pm

I agree and think it is a very slippery slope.

Chances are, the gold being exchanged is not legit and bought from a gold seller online.

I may be in the minority but I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to use gold in game to buy epic gear as it feels cheap and slimy, I'd much rather do it the old fashioned way, grind what I need, collaborate with others, and earn my gear in the raid. You should want to experience the content and rock it out, not use your gold to hit the IWin button. Feels wrong.

Seriously, who has thousands of gold to spend on epic gear? I feel like it's a very clear indicator that you're purchasing gold online and thus supporting illegal gold sellers. There will be those super savvy dudes with tons of gold and I apologize if I offend anyone. My point stands though, for typical players, thousands of gold is unheard of.

I would like for this not to happen. I love this server and care about its well being as a whole.
Zelious
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by dancho » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Well I played on Neptulon EU and gdkp was something obvious. Right now gdkp isn't popular only because AQ/Naxx aren't out. So be patient we will have gdkp soon.

1. This is an easy way to get some money. Serious naxx raider always lacks money. Flask is 50g other consumables -20-30g and min 20-30g for repair.
2. No matter do you like it or not this the only reason for a AQ/Naxx raider to go back to MC/BWL. You are free to join fast and save MC raid or you can risk and join a Pug where the green color dominates. Plus when it comes to BWL pug-Ing is quite impossible. Don't get offended but try to understand - a naxx raider may needs only few items from BWL - like trinkets and Neff items. The rest of the loot have to be disenchanted. In same time many new players prefer to spend gold to gear up faster.
3. If you don't like gdkp you are always free to gear up as we did it - you have to run 5 men instances untill you have your BiS items then start raiding MC using normal dkp get one item each 2 weeks when you are good enough you can start with bwl etc. But like that you'll need years to get proper gear. You can't join directly an AQ+ guild because you are going to be completely useless. Farming some gold and than join a serious guild is a much faster way to get Tier 3
dancho
Private
Private

by Fudwicket » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Hey Everyone,

I used to run weekly GDKPs of ICC in WotLK. I was the raid leader for a top guild and most of us had alts that we liked to gear. It was a good way for the people with good gear to make gold and the people with lots of gold to get gear.

Pros:
- Geared players have a chance to save their gold for the 1 item they still need
- Geared players have a chance to make gold off others
- People that otherwise couldn't raid (due to gear) can still raid provided they have gold
- There are a lot of people with copious amounts of gold to spend (how many people do you see with every possible BoE epic, but no raid loot)
- If you have a good core (10-15 people), you can carry the others.
- Raiding is fun

Cons
- Inflation? Not really...

We used to 1-2 GDKPs per week. You generally get the same people wanting to do it (either because they are somewhat geared and want gold or because they have no gear and lots of gold). In the end, it's still a better solution than /rolling or reserving gear. This allows everyone to either: get gear or get gold. Everyone walks away from the raid happy.

If you don't want to spend your gold - you don't need to. No one forces you to spend your gold. No one forces you to be a part of the run.
Fudd <Edema Ruh>
Fudwicket
Grunt
Grunt

by Luciphur » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Zelious wrote:I agree and think it is a very slippery slope.
Seriously, who has thousands of gold to spend on epic gear? I feel like it's a very clear indicator that you're purchasing gold online and thus supporting illegal gold sellers. There will be those super savvy dudes with tons of gold and I apologize if I offend anyone. My point stands though, for typical players, thousands of gold is unheard of.

I would like for this not to happen. I love this server and care about its well being as a whole.

Lets not speak about buying gold, its not the point. Some players will invest real life money into gold, some prefer to grind their way to top. GDKP wont be the only motivation for buying gold, I can assure you about that.

Also, consider that without GDKP people have to spend same efforts farming for other materials/running 5mans for preraid BiS. Its about the same time in total, the only difference is that market will benefit less from 5mans/preraid farming, and more from people grinding/selling mats on AH.

Of course, thats just my point of view, you are free to think otherwise.
Luciphur
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Luciphur wrote:
Zelious wrote:I agree and think it is a very slippery slope.

Lets not speak about buying gold, its not the point. Some players will invest real life money into gold, some prefer to grind their way to top. GDKP wont be the only motivation for buying gold, I can assure you about that.

Also, consider that without GDKP people have to spend same efforts farming for other materials/running 5mans for preraid BiS. Its about the same time in total, the only difference is that market will benefit less from 5mans/preraid farming, and more from people grinding/selling mats on AH.

Of course, thats just my point of view, you are free to think otherwise.

If i was able to post screenshots and videos of what has become other server from this GDKP you would see how horrible the system is . (Sorry for replying again i didn't meant to).
If it was about "2-3" times to be created by few people ok but this will spread like virus plague and all this shiny purple illusions will disappear. When things get deeply inside GDKP there is no turning back but disaster.

- Just get over it , Raid "Soulbound" Gear is made to be for Free after successful kill. -

Why would High End Guilds don't farm MC or BWL for their remaining Gear ?
Why would i waste 100 or 1000 Gold for some epic?
Why would i show 1000 Gold if i am undergeared in order to get in Raid?
Why would i eat Gold Ban if i make 1 mistake during Raid?
Why would i Pug when i can enjoy progressing with casual Raid Guild ?
Why would i buy Offspec Gear when someone need it as Mainspec?
Why would Leader take 5% Fee from whole pot?
Why would we allow Gold Sellers and Scammers play their Role more efficient by Scamming 40 people Gold?

Many questions , sad answers. (i have lot more to ask)
how would you deal with this issues?
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Plask » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:14 pm

GDKP will come once BWL+ZG is out, trust me.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ajooba » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:13 pm

pls also ban for reserving items, thx.
ajooba
Grunt
Grunt

by Hal900x » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Anything the economy supports is going to happen. The problem is, parts of the economy are illegal, and this particular tactic just begs for gold sellers. We are now so used to F2P/P2W games that I'm sure plenty of folks don't even think about the fact they are damaging the in game economy by buying from Gold Farmers. Just like any micro-economy; it works perfectly in theory, until you introduce the black market. I can't fault the top-tier raiders for exploiting such a system, I probably would too.
Hal900x
Private
Private

by The Shortest Path » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:48 pm

How would that be any different than people buying gold to buy boes like devilsaur, robe of the void pattern, etc? Not that I like GDKP but that's a really dumb argument against it.
The Shortest Path
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion