No "!" on minimap for unstarted quests.

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

No "!" on minimap for unstarted quests.

by Prohibition » Thu May 14, 2015 3:37 pm

I have no exlamation point indicator on my minimap for unstarted quests, and I see many screenshots with other people who have the "!" on the minimap, so I was wondering why it is not on mine, or how I get it on there. Thank you!
Prohibition
Tester

Re: No "!" on minimap for unstarted quests.

by mynamewastaken » Thu May 14, 2015 4:01 pm

just another bug report it on bugtracker please
mynamewastaken
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bioness » Thu May 14, 2015 4:05 pm

This was not a feature in vanilla. What you see are people with addons, and even those addons don't actually track the quest giver, they simply display on the map where a known quest is.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Prohibition » Thu May 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Bioness wrote:This was not a feature in vanilla. What you see are people with addons, and even those addons don't actually track the quest giver, they simply display on the map where a known quest is.

I see on the "Questie" op post he has the "!"'s on his minimap among other things. I have downloaded Questie and still do not have the exclamation points. Is this a specific addon that is doing it for anyone?

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2820

Prohibition
Tester

by leonberg » Thu May 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Questie addon DOES add the "!" exclamation marks on the minimap; so just download it!
leonberg
Private
Private

by Prohibition » Thu May 14, 2015 6:18 pm

leonberg wrote:Questie addon DOES add the "!" exclamation marks on the minimap; so just download it!

I downloaded it but I'm not getting the ! marks on my minimap. D:
Prohibition
Tester

by Cousy » Thu May 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Prohibition wrote:
leonberg wrote:Questie addon DOES add the "!" exclamation marks on the minimap; so just download it!

I downloaded it but I'm not getting the ! marks on my minimap. D:

Sounds like you should read that whole thread and/or post there for issues pertaining to that one addon.
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by crum » Thu May 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Just delete your system32 folder in your system drive and it should show correctly. Otherwise, re-read everything that has been posted in this topic to answer your question. I take it you do not understand english or you are 12 and are just plain dumb. This feature was NOT added until TBC. Questie adds this feature similarly as a place-marker on the map/minimap.
crum
Grunt
Grunt

by heradura » Thu May 14, 2015 9:42 pm

If you're using a minimap addon it could prevent Questie from showing them. It's compatible with simpleminimap, though. Can't remember the name of the one that gave me trouble.

Make sure you have Cartographer if that's still a dependency.
heradura
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by toombi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:36 pm

Open the addon Questie. Then in the General tab, check "Enable Icons". If you want icons on your map, check "Enable Map Icons". If you want icons on your minimap, check "Enable Minimap Icons". Etc.

I was wondering the same thing because apparently I had accidentally unchecked "Enable Icons" at some point.
toombi
Tester

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion