Official PVE Progression Thread

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Official PVE Progression Thread

by Hatson » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:24 pm

nervous wrote:
azreal313 wrote:
nervous wrote:As far as rag not dropping loot, it's actually bugged. I can't comment on domo loot since I haven't done the legwork to see if domo actually gave something other than access to Ragnaros pre 1.4, and I'm also still confused about which loot patch we are taking.

Everything else works fine, maybe Luci should drop a second set piece/piece of loot other than the tranq book but that's about it. Saw and DEd our first vendorstrike

http://www.wowwiki.com/Cache_of_the_Firelord

Patch changes
Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005):
Fixed a bug that was causing the Cache of the Firelord to despawn too soon.
The chance for an Epic quest item dropping from the Majordomo's chest has been increased to 100%.
Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.

I know it was added in 1.4, but I'm not sure if we're using a strict pre 1.4, or a 1.4 included, timeline

Hey Nervous, I've been really adamant with the devs about their loot progression. And you can trust me when I say it is pre 1.4 - The thing is, the devs messed up here and there, and there are a few quests in-game that did not exist in our current timeline (pre 1.4) and some items HAD wrong speeds making them useless items (this was fixed in the latest patch), and there are still some items with wrong effects, and some effects missing entirely.

So the progressive loot is only about.. I'd say 97-98% "complete", but it's still pretty damn legit, since no other servers have even tried doing this before.
There are still some items in-game that are not correct, example: http://puu.sh/gH9BD/4e09c24ed3.png
In-game its' effect is completely missing. This is the old version that should currently be in-game, but it's even worse than that in-game, it has no effect at all. The updated version that we will get in later patch makes this staff WAY better, aka the BiS pre-raid feral dps staff and great Enhancement staff as well after item update.

That also includes the Majorodomo Cache loot ofc, since that was added in patch 1.4.
What you have to keep in mind is that not ALL items or quests in-game were added in patch 1.4 only, I think the reason why that term "pre 1.4" caught on is because the devs kept saying it, but that would be the first major patch in retail Vanilla that introduced A LOT of new items, rebalanced a lot of old ones, and added new quests with good item rewards and such.

This specifically affected a ton of higher level dungeon loot, such as Scholomance, Stratholme, BRD, and it also removed Tier 2 from dropping MC, and Tier 2 was later re-released in patch 1.6 for BWL's release with updated much much superior stats than their old versions which you can currently see in Nostalrius's database in-game via Atlas Loot, even though Tier 2 isn't actually dropping in Molten Core, due to the devs decision, as it wouldn't make much sense as we all know we're going to get Tier 2 anyway with BWL's release.

Patch 1.4 wasn't the only patch to do such things, but it is certainly one of the biggest in terms of new items, buffed old items and general item balancing.
Many patches after that still released a lot of new quests with great new item rewards all over the world (f.ex. Rune of the Guard Captain quest isn't in-game until patch 1.5) - and Dire Maul is to be released in 1 month after MC and Ony kill, and Dire Maul is patch 1.3.

And then patch 1.10 introduced improved Dungeon Tier quest lines, and again a ton of new items in high level dungeons, much like patch 1.4 did.

There's a lot of changes through the times of Vanilla retail, so there will be a lot of changes over time on Nostalrius. Currently we are on patch 1.2 - since Maraudon is out, and after Ony it will be 1 month to 1.3 - and 2 months to 1.6 - That means that between Dire Maul's release, and BWL's release, patch 1.4 and 1.5 will happen which has PvP content, which we already have, so for Nostalrius it will mostly just be a ton of new items from dungeons and quests and general item balancing.

I rambled on for way too long, I need to stop, you probably already know this anyway.

TL;DR - It's patch 1.2 content and item wise currently.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cataclysm » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:42 pm

Hatson wrote:TL;DR - It's patch 1.2 content and item wise currently.

this only changes the fact that Eshkandar's set parts doesnt drop from Onyxia/Magmadar out of the available content. The MC items I listed are still in the game at 1.2.

Eating glitter so your shit shines bright like a diamond
Cataclysm
Sergeant
Sergeant

by azreal313 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:45 pm

Cataclysm wrote:
Hatson wrote:TL;DR - It's patch 1.2 content and item wise currently.

this only changes the fact that Eshkandar's set parts doesnt drop from Onyxia/Magmadar out of the available content. The MC items I listed are still in the game at 1.2.

I believe he's implying that since the chest from Domo was added in 1.4 that the chest should in fact be empty and that its not a bug.
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Asmodeus » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 pm

Guirssane wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:Less than a month and Rag is down, sooo glad I don't play on this gimmicky server anymore. How sad.

lmao 10y old content hard to clean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 week and the entire raid is geared enough to do this? GG
Asmodeus
Private
Private

by azreal313 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Guirssane wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:Less than a month and Rag is down, sooo glad I don't play on this gimmicky server anymore. How sad.

lmao 10y old content hard to clean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 week and the entire raid is geared enough to do this? GG

Yes, one guild that has gone super try-hard since the server's release cleared it, most guilds don't even have 40 60's to raid with, heck, most guilds don't even have 20. GRIZZLY are far above an average guild, they put a shitload of time and effort into getting server first Rag and they got it, the real test is how many other guilds can clear MC before BWL comes out.
~Maeven~
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by nervous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:11 am

Asmodeus wrote:1 week and the entire raid is geared enough to do this? GG

Believe it or not, you don't need full preraid BIS to clear MC or even 40 people. Don't know where people got that idea from. One of our mages didn't even have a weapon when we first went in
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by azreal313 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:13 am

Thrull wrote:Grizzly sucks. They play private servers because they're too bad for retail. World 5000 how does that feel? also you shitters played on a rp server

Someone's mad rofl
~Maeven~
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by OGTUCKER117 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:14 am

Thrull wrote:Grizzly sucks. They play private servers because they're too bad for retail. World 5000 how does that feel? also you shitters played on a rp server

ok i dont like them either but to bad for retail? whats that even mean?
this shit defintally is harder and takes a lot more time investment then retail so u can gtfo
im not defending them in any way but u can shutup kid
OGTUCKER117
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by nervous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:17 am

:D
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Acidx » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:18 am

Thrull wrote:
OGTUCKER117 wrote:

ok i dont like them either but to bad for retail? whats that even mean?
this shit defintally is harder and takes a lot more time investment then retail so u can gtfo
im not defending them in any way but u can shutup kid

Mythic blackhand took more tries than every single vanilla boss combined

And a shitter like you couldn't even kill kargath, so why do you even mention these things?
Acidx
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion