A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

by Strength » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Howdy guys,

I had to intervene after reading so many lies about KRONOS. I can understand the fact of promoting the server you are obviously interested in (Nostalrius) but basically you are saying bullshits without any concrete argument just to unfairly diminish one of the competitor. I don't like it.

boltcrank wrote:[...] But, Nostalrius is the first option for me for 3 reasons:
1) Located in France, which should give me a better ping
2) Stress Test, its very important to know that Nostalrius can handle a huge amount of people (Kronos don´t have a video showing this).
Last, but not least. 3) Protection: Anti-cheat and Anti-DDos is another feature in Nostalrius that I didn´t saw on Kronos. Stability is as important as scripts for me.
Please, correct me if I said any bullshit.
Cheers.

Regarding KRONOS...

1) Located in Central Europe not much farer from France.
2) Can handle numerous players since they're using the same server able to handle thousands players just like their previous servers.
3) Right in the KRONOS FAQ :

"What about cheating and abuses such as duping ? We have a working Warden in place as well as several other mechanics that will hopefully prevent all cheating. In addition all kinds of abuses known to us are already being prevented on our current test realm and we are working as hard as possible to reduce the number of available abuses to near zero."

"What is your plan to deal with DDoS attacks ? As Kronos is a part of the much larger TwinStar project and the TwinStar server environment is about as protected against DDoS attacks as it can get, this will hopefully never be an issue."

Switchblade wrote:[...] Indeed, it'll we probably never happen : unlike Kronos, Notalrius is not hold by TwinStar, which is a lucrative structure (yes it is : there's a cash shop for items, transfer, and even an auction house for re-selling characters....)

Imo, Kronos will be even worse than emerald dream.

FAQ again :

"What kind of donation rewards will there be ? Donation rewards are limited to vanity rewards, such as mounts (not however the riding skill) and non-combat pets."

Basically you will only be able to buy old mounts, not the epic riding skill wich is the hardest thing to farm. Also Trading Card Game rewards will be buyable wich is understandable and smart since you can't unlock them otherwise because of the retail codes unavailable for private servers. Transfers from others servers are not possible.

Regarding Character Auction, Chero admin & dev has already answered:

"Yes, there will be character auction. However, I highly doubt someone will level up and sell his first 60 to anybody - so the whole auction will be empty for some time I guess. There is no way to prevent character trading. We offer you a comfortable and safe way to do it.

It's not like creating a full geared character from nothing. These characters are leveled up by players, geared by them. You won't be able to ever buy items with stats, or any character with your dream gear. You could do such trade even before, with your friends or anybody. How is that pay to win ?"

Simply read this thread for more fruitful informations...

Switchblade wrote:Imo, a real vanilla like server shouldnt be monetizing any services or items of any sort (even funny items).
Even for free or as reward for vote.

But reality is different, you have to pay in order to deliver a certain level of quality and providing a good server, anti-hack and ddos defense is not free at all. Like numerous MMO you have to make your project profitable except if you plan to spend your money and ask for nothing in return. Let us not kid ourselves, it's rare if not nonexistent.

Switchblade wrote:[...] I bet my ass Kronos will have a cash shop, that's a HUGE difference between Kronos and Nostalrius.
Moreover, I wouldnt be surprised if you never see the color of AQ40 or Naxx on Kronos, but it's my opinion...

And now you play the bird of ill omen... seriously what kind of argument is this except bad faith and attempt to indoctrinate people ?

Switchblade wrote:[...] There's no flame or hate, just facts 8-)
Pointing out and discuss differences is not hating. Fun fact : did you know you can buy fully geared characters on TwinStar's servers ? :)

It's not facts but disinformation, you're just reading informations without ensuring you to give tangible arguments. What you're doing sir is possibly generating hate.

Switchblade wrote:[...] I've never said you can buy anything on Kronos :lol:

But since you can buy everything on the other twinstars server I'm assuming it'll probably be possible for kronos, one day or the other 8-)

Known differences on Kronos :
- 10g respec
- multixboxing is allowed for Pve and maybe PvP (for pvp nothing say you can't atm)
- you can block the XP progression bar for Twinking.

Another assumption, you can't really know how it will be since rates, game version, community and staff are different. I could say KRONOS is possibly the opposite. Multiboxing was under discussion and is now prohibited.

Switchblade wrote:[...] If you want to play on a server which promote account buying, good for you.
If you want to play on a server which is NOT vanilla like, good for you.
If you want to and play on a server who will make a shit ton of money illegaly on YOUR back and Blizzard's back, good for you. (btw, they'are already doing it with their others servers)

Don't you learn from Emerald Dream's greedy corrupted Staff, making tons of money illegaly ? Twinstar is doing the same, just face it.
That's all, stop being that blind.

If you would gain any power by buying a character from another player, the other one will lose it, won't he ? How is that unfair if a different player plays the same character ? If you would get a free character from your friend that just stopped playing, is that pay to win ? Should it be banned ?

In order to sell your character you need to have access to your email address linked with the game account.
By the character auction nothing will change ingame. Only the controlling players change.

I can see why you guys are keeping a purist vision of the game and try to protect it from any kind of change, even the slightests ones, but Vanilla is dead and will never be brought exactly like it was 10 years before. Players are not the same anymore, most have stopped the adventure, the economical system, scripts and team are also different wich is slightly or hugely customizing the game whether you like it or not.

Private servers now have to find the best compromise with players, some are frank toward their community and some others are hustlers and cash drainer. From what I can tell actually, KRONOS is by far in the first category.

Of course, we can't know what it is going to happen few months after the launch of our respective servers but I'm not like you going to shout from the rooftops that your server is not a pure and perfect Blizz-like Vanilla and acting perniciously toward its community. And FFS try to read a bit more before splitting on us.
Strength
Tester

Re: A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

by Strength » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:48 am

I'm also not appreciating few things that you're saying about KRONOS wich are not true. You are mostly acting like a bird of ill omen without concrete argument but this is visibly enough for you to endoctrinate people and unfairly diminish the other server.

Vanilla is dead and all private servers are customized whether you like it or not, most of the true Vanilla players aren't playing anymore, scripts, staff, servers, economical system are not the same at all. I can understand what a purist wants but we all have to find compromise with devs and perfection does not exist. Let us not kid ourselves, Nostalrius like all ambitious projects will have to pay something in order to maintain their "high-quality services" and I highly doubt that they will to ask for something in return financially speaking.

KRONOS is atleast frank with us and we know how it is going to be. Hype is huge, Cash Shop better than ED, scripts as well.
Strength
Tester

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion