A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

by Youfie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:20 pm

I thought beta characters were instant 60?

Beta was instant 55, at least when I was playing.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by nimeralos » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:22 pm

I can't really understand why some of you are against character auction. I mean, if someone want to sell or trade his fairly levelled character - how server rules can affect him? It's hypocrisy to think that if you forbid it, you'll stop it. Kronos staff just making things easier, they don't want to waste time fighting something they (and no one) can defeat. There can be discussions about legalization of grass or prostitution, but in the internet rules like DONTTRADEITSBAD!!1 can't work.

And instant free 60, without a single quest - yes, that's the problem. Will that lucky guys kill Ragnaros and Onyxia while regular players just reach 20 level?
nimeralos
Tester

by Shadowlurk » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Youfie wrote:

Even now I see on other forums people mention Nostalrius, and then someone says "Oh yeah that server is going to restore beta characters, no thanks." and a lot of people will take that at face value.

It just seems like Nostalrius is going out of it's way to make things as blizzlike as possible to the last detail, which imo is one of the servers biggest strengths when compared to Kronos - but then they are considering doing something totally contradictory to that. Even if it doesn't matter much in a practical sense, it will change people's opinion about the integrity of the server.

Please take my upvote !
+1

+1
Want your game to look visually stunning and run silky smooth? Read my guide.
Shadowlurk - Level 29 Troll Rogue (Expert Leatherworker / Expert Skinner)
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:36 pm

kahari wrote:I see it as more of a PR problem than an actual problem for the players, if that makes any sense.

Indeed that makes sense and I see the PR aspect of it. Honestly, it would not be a problem if people just stopped making such a big deal out of it. Apparently there will be a vote when the time comes, if ever, and the staff certainly does not insist on this point when communicating, only the newcomers. Nobody would have complained if it was clear that it was a beta from the beginning, but it was not. For years it was just an ordinary french server, not the beta of an international one.

mx420 wrote:I thought beta characters were instant 60? why would they get restored on a 1x leveling server?

And yes, many of the old characters had to grind only the 5 last levels. Does the week or so of in-game time it takes to level up from start really compare to years of raiding to you?
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Svalur » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Person 1: Lets start playing vanilla i wanna experience vanilla again in all its glory!
Person 2: Okay! what private server should go on?

Option 1: Semi fun server with optimized XP rates (if that goes through) Gold managing is easier since respec takes only 10g max and you can buy instant level 60 characters and there is a cash shop.

Option 2: Vanilla server which is vanilla to the core! but they are restoring characters back from their beta.

How about we remove that black stain from the servers reputation asap, Devs?

(Also immensely important to release before Kronos, and the faster you release before them the more people will be attached to their characters (i know you are just waiting for more subscribers etc but the clock is ticking)
Svalur
Grunt
Grunt

by Sonday » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:47 pm

jorim wrote:Don't you think it is kinda hypocrite to call it a semi-funserver knowing that restoring instant 60 characters from the nostalrius beta will be possible at some point?

Where did you see this? I was under the impression everyone will be starting fresh once the server launches.
Sonday
Grunt
Grunt

by Kes » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:04 am

Sonday wrote:Where did you see this? I was under the impression everyone will be starting fresh once the server launches.

Viper wrote:The Nostalrius beta testers will NOT get their characters at server launch. We want the server to be launched like real retail vanilla servers used to be, where everybody has to start from level 1. The old beta characters could still be imported, but under several hard conditions. This importation should not alter the PvE or PvP progression, should not change the server economy balance, nor come with an sense of injustice from other players.

It seems unlikely at this point.
Kes
Grunt
Grunt

by Grungie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:48 am

Seems most of the newcomers don't read the faq and spit crap about olds characters of NR.

I said olds characters of NR cause the "beta" is just a fake excuse created by the staff who failed to retain his pop cause of their wrongs decisions.
Grungie
Grunt
Grunt

by Ghostly » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:50 am

Svalur wrote:Semi fun server with optimized XP rates (if that goes through) Gold managing is easier since respec takes only 10g max and you can buy instant level 60 characters and there is a cash shop.

That "semi-fun" server buzzword is quite stupid, when you consider that the only deviation from vanilla Kronos has is respec cost cap. Rates were stated to be x1 already. Character auction is not about selling "instant 60's", its about allowing people to sell characters instead of banning it like other servers usually do. A bad idea nonetheless, but there's still a world of difference between it and "instant 60 for everyone who pays".

And releasing too soon, without creating enough hype beforehand, would harm NR bad. No population at start = no population ever, that's how it happens.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Birdie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:43 am

This importation should not alter the PvE or PvP progression, should not change the server economy balance, nor come with an sense of injustice from other players.

= these characters will not be imported against the will of the community.

I am against these importations too for now, but maybe at some point it will be useful to get +500 players online. And if they ask the community, we may require that only non instant 60 / non instant 55 characters are restored, or characters with more than X days of /played ...

In fact, it is the same on Kronos. If one day the whole community agrees to import old characters, then these characters will be imported.
Birdie
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion