Leveling tier list for classes + specs

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Leveling tier list for classes + specs

by Vaped » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:26 am

I'm curious to see how people would rate classes from leveling based on their specs
Example of this would be like
Hunter
Beast: A Tier
Marks: A Tier
Survival: B(?) Tier

This is just an example of format, but i'm wondering what you guys think, for all classes.... thinking about what i want to level when the server is released and just want to get others opinions, thats all :D
Vaped
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Leveling tier list for classes + specs

by truc2ouf » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 am

to be objective, we should have played ALL classes and ALL specs, wich is impossible.
truc2ouf
Tester

by Drain » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:24 am

Beast was the winner for leveling.
Marks was the winner for groups.
Survival was the winner for PvP.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hatson » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Just want to add that Survival has some pretty fantastic talents either way for PvE and PvP in the early tiers.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Vaped » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Solo Play Only, i didn't add what i thought about them in groups while leveling either, even though it can be a big part of ratings for others, i didn't include that in mine
Warrior
Arms: B
Fury: B- (i personally just like fury more than arms)
Prot: D (i only know one person who ever leveled prot and didn't do that bad a job at it)

Hunter
Beast: A+
Marks: A
Survival: A-

Druid
Balance: C
Feral: B
Resto: C

Priest
Disc: C
Holy: C
Shadow: B+

Warlock
Affliction: A
Demo: A
Destruction: B

Paladin
Prot: B+
Retribution: A

Mages
Arcane: B+
Fire: A
Frost: A+

Shaman
Elemental: C-
Enhancement: B+
Restoration: C-

Rogue
Assassination: C+
Combat: A
Sub: B+

Things to keep in mind what i based my ratings on...
Downtime they have between mobs
How fast they can kill a mob
The overall leveling experience from 1-59, (i.e warriors are really hard until they get MS or BT at level 40) i tried not to focus on a particular level gap like 1-30 or 30-45, i thought about 1-59 and gave MY best opinion, obviously there are many that might not agree with me, some might only love to level Prot and think it's the best. I'm just curious to see what you guys think or have experienced in your years of playing Vanilla WoW

Oh,
Deathknight
Any Spec: S+
Vaped
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aquane » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 am

truc2ouf wrote:to be objective, we should have played ALL classes and ALL specs, wich is impossible.

Don't hesitate to believe that theres at least 1-20 people who HAVE leveled as every spec of every class.

Vaped wrote:Solo Play Only, i didn't add what i thought about them in groups while leveling either, even though it can be a big part of ratings for others, i didn't include that in mine
Warrior
Arms: B
Fury: B- (i personally just like fury more than arms)
Prot: D (i only know one person who ever leveled prot and didn't do that bad a job at it)

Hunter
Beast: A+
Marks: A
Survival: A-

Druid
Balance: C
Feral: B
Resto: C

Priest
Disc: C
Shadow: B+

Warlock
Affliction: A
Demo: A
Destruction: B

Paladin
Prot: B+
Retribution: A

Mages
Arcane: B+
Fire: A
Frost: A+

Shaman
Elemental: C-
Enhancement: B+
Restoration: C-

Rogue
Assassination: C+
Combat: A
Sub: B+

Things to keep in mind what i based my ratings on...
Downtime they have between mobs
How fast they can kill a mob
The overall leveling experience from 1-59, (i.e warriors are really hard until they get MS or BT at level 40) i tried not to focus on a particular level gap like 1-30 or 30-45, i thought about 1-59 and gave MY best opinion, obviously there are many that might not agree with me, some might only love to level Prot and think it's the best. I'm just curious to see what you guys think or have experienced in your years of playing Vanilla WoW

Oh,
Deathknight
Any Spec: S+

you need to also rank the specs in terms of the capability of soling elites, quite a few people will level as a spec that can do that for just that purpose
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mx420 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 pm

I can only really give my thoughts on shamans... all i really played.

Enhance was not good for leveling imo, elemental killed it, way more predictable. If you went out of mana every 2 mobs you were playing wrong. on top of being a solid leveling spec, you could solo elites (both casters and melee)

So dont think if you play sham you have to go enchance, i was always under 7 days of play to get to 60, not rushing (not wasting time either) and always doing 2 professions.

so IMO

elemental: A
enhance: B
resto: dont bother lol
mx420
Private
Private

by Vaped » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 pm

mx420 wrote:I can only really give my thoughts on shamans... all i really played.

Enhance was not good for leveling imo, elemental killed it, way more predictable. If you went out of mana every 2 mobs you were playing wrong. on top of being a solid leveling spec, you could solo elites (both casters and melee)

So dont think if you play sham you have to go enchance, i was always under 7 days of play to get to 60, not rushing (not wasting time either) and always doing 2 professions.

so IMO

elemental: A
enhance: B
resto: dont bother lol

Interesting, i've never tried elemental at all, i always imagined it was like a mage without the perks (freezing targets procs or fire spells having chance to stun targets) or a warlock spamming shadowbolt without a pet, which is why i loved enhance because of windfury, something no other class had. Will def need to try Elemental next time i decide to level a shaman
Vaped
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Totems my friend. They're extremely powerful when used right. Also 5-6 second cooldown shocks that do a ton of damage and can either perma-slow, perma DoT or almost perma-interrupt spellcasters.
And you also have healing and really good burst with CL + shocks + elemental mastery WHEN you get that, that is.
It's not a shabby leveling spec at all, it's pretty self sufficient and has kite potential out the wazoo.
It's still not as good as a Frost Mage, though. They will always be the kings.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mx420 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:33 am

Vaped wrote:Interesting, i've never tried elemental at all, i always imagined it was like a mage without the perks (freezing targets procs or fire spells having chance to stun targets) or a warlock spamming shadowbolt without a pet, which is why i loved enhance because of windfury, something no other class had. Will def need to try Elemental next time i decide to level a shaman

ya if you play a shaman like a mage you will run out of mana fast. I would level something like this..

When questing/grinding you want to engage a mob that is within pulling distance of another 3 or 4 mobs. you pull the first mob with 2 lightning bolts and shock, drop your fire totem, stoneskin, healing and then auto attack the mob (with flametongue weapon) until its dead. pull the next mob and repeat this until you get all 4 or 5. You will need to put your fire totem down again during this, but you should be able to kill the 4 - 5 within the time your stoneskin/healing is up.

to get the right positioning for all that... imagine, from a birds eye view, you draw a circle around the first mob you want to pull, the 3 or 4 additional mobs should be around the edges of that circle.

shocks depend on whatever is best damage. Or if your facing a caster, use your earthshock to interupt. you can also use grounding totem as often as you like as the mana cost is minimal for the hp it saves.

Never use your heals in between fights, bandage. and eat when you drink.

If you get 2 crits on the first 2 LBs, dont cast the shock.
Once you have the talent that makes crits x2 dmg, only cast 2 spells if you get a crit. (so LB 1 crits, just throw lightning bolt 2 and dont use shock).
whenever clearcasting procs, always use the highest damage spell.
once you get the talent that reduces the cast time of lightning bolt, replace the shock with a 3rd LB
The idea behind this last part is to always do the same amount of damage with spells to each mob,. instead of using crits to down a mob faster, you use them to prolong the mana pool.

So ele leveling, from my experience, is to burst a chunk of hp with a few spells, then make use of your leather/mail, shield, stoneskin, healinstream to soak up tons of damage, and dps down slowly, with fire totem and flametongue, the rest of their hp.

no matter what spec the shaman takes, its not 100% melee or caster, youll always have to make use of both.

hope that makes sense hah first part was hard to explain
mx420
Private
Private

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion